Current time: 23/04/2024, 12:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rossendalebus
RE: Rossendalebus
TfGM changes listed for July changes and in addition to the 482/483 changes in Rawtenstall and Bacup, Rossendalebus will also be running a couple of journeys on the 8 (Transdev's Burnley-Bacup-Bury) service from 29 July.

These journeys will be at 4.43pm and 5.43pm weekdays from Bacup to Bury, which will be 8 minutes in front of Transdev's service from Burnley.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Anyone who wants to see the new timetables for July's changes can find the links to the timetables from their website (although they're currently hidden from the website).

http://www.easyridebuses.co.uk/TT/?C=M;O=D
Rossendalebus service changes for 3 September 2012 listed on the website:

Service 244
There will be minor timetable changes with more journeys serving Guide.

Service 435
On Mondays to Fridays, the 1532hrs journey from Buckstones to Rochdale journey will no longer operate.

Service 464
A new timetable will apply replacing the temporary summer holiday timetable, with more journeys at busier times of the day.

Service 479
This service will revert to its original route and will no longer serve the Chesham area. Chesham will eb served by new service 488

Service 488
This new service will operate between Chesham and Bury town centre, operating hourly at off-peak times on Mondays to Saturdays.

http://rossendalebus.blogspot.co.uk/2012...-2012.html
(24/06/2012 08:57)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Rossendale bought a few Scania-Solars from Reading Transport about 6 months ago. Has anyone seen these in service with Rossendale yet?

I've been on 2 of them, I was going to go on the route 477 home from Bury as I had just missed the 481 and on both occaisions I saw one of the Scania's on the 461 heading to Heywood, I knew that it would change to the next 481 as I have seen them change over before, so I decided to wait for It to come back and change to the 481 to get a ride on it.

Well worth the wait. Smile
(23/08/2012 20:35)VolvoB10M Wrote:  I've been on 2 of them, I was going to go on the route 477 home from Bury as I had just missed the 481 and on both occaisions I saw one of the Scania's on the 461 heading to Heywood, I knew that it would change to the next 481 as I have seen them change over before, so I decided to wait for It to come back and change to the 481 to get a ride on it.

Well worth the wait. Smile

As they are so comfortable, I look forward to riding one before long. My bright hope is for one on route 480!
Has anything happened to the 481? I was waiting for it today but it didn't arrive, I then looked at the list of buses that go from stand J and it said 481 Bolton as well as the 480, but the Rossendalebus website said there had been no changes to either route.

Has anyone heard anything about this route change?

I have also seen a vehicle around that I don't think I've seen before, It looks a bit like an East Lancs Myllenium. I haven't been on it, but I think it could have an ISBE engine but I only heared it a bit as it was leaving Bury.

I think it's fleet number is 238, has anyone else seen this around?
(19/09/2012 18:03)VolvoB10M Wrote:  Has anything happened to the 481? I was waiting for it today but it didn't arrive, I then looked at the list of buses that go from stand J and it said 481 Bolton as well as the 480, but the Rossendalebus website said there had been no changes to either route.

Has anyone heard anything about this route change?

I have also seen a vehicle around that I don't think I've seen before, It looks a bit like an East Lancs Myllenium. I haven't been on it, but I think it could have an ISBE engine but I only heared it a bit as it was leaving Bury.

I think it's fleet number is 238, has anyone else seen this around?

that bus is this one http://flic.kr/p/dauuDc its just had a repaint but has been with Rossendale a long time now
On the TfGM website, the Bury Interchange destination finder (dated 3 September 2012) has the 481 going to Ramsbottom, so the Bolton destination has been put up in error. Chances are TfGM copied and pasted the 480 and forgot to change the destination for the 481.

http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Documents/Departures/Bury.pdf
How would the 481 fit between the 484 and 510 in the timetable?

158 looks a bit different somehow appart from the new livery than it did a few months ago has which is probably why I didn't recognise it. Has it had a new engine/gearbox? When 160 is nearby I can hear it clearly, it has a distinctive Voith howling sound and when it sets of it has a fairly loud growl to it, but I don't think 238/258 sounded like 160 does, and what happened to 159?

Are there a ceirtain few routes that the MAN 14.220's run on or is it just what vehicle the driver that starts on the route in the moning choses?
480 unable to serve Affetside for the time being due to traffic-calming measures being installed near the village, meaning buses unable to serve the area. Service being diverted via 273 route direct between Walves and Bradshaw.

http://rossendalebus.blogspot.co.uk/2012...serve.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)