Current time: 02/05/2024, 17:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wrightbus
RE: Wrightbus
(28/05/2013 22:05)mbonwick Wrote:  As the Heysham ferry is the only ferry that docks anywhere near Ballymena, the vast majority of Wright products for the UK come through Heysham.
Vehicles arrive as/when Wrights finish them, often several times during the week Best time is to go and see is usually the weekend.

Handy enough because that's the only time I could probably go. Why weekend?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/05/2013 15:23)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(28/05/2013 22:05)mbonwick Wrote:  As the Heysham ferry is the only ferry that docks anywhere near Ballymena, the vast majority of Wright products for the UK come through Heysham.
Vehicles arrive as/when Wrights finish them, often several times during the week Best time is to go and see is usually the weekend.

Handy enough because that's the only time I could probably go. Why weekend?

Sunday afternoon is usually best, as most vehicles that come across on a Saturday or Sunday park-up in a secure compound until Monday - I occasionally see convoys of deckers, usually in in London red, heading south on the M6 through Cheshire at around 08:00 on a Monday morning. In past have also seen groups of very impressive tri-axle deckers in a gold livery on way to Southampton Docks for trans-shipment to Hong Kong
Weekend is the best time because Wright finish the vehicle late on Friday. Next ferry with space is usually the Saturday, and the delivery drivers in this country don't tend to work weekends, so the buses are parked up at Heysham waiting Monday morning.
(29/05/2013 18:45)mbonwick Wrote:  Weekend is the best time because Wright finish the vehicle late on Friday. Next ferry with space is usually the Saturday, and the delivery drivers in this country don't tend to work weekends, so the buses are parked up at Heysham waiting Monday morning.

Indeed, the Wright family's very traditional religious values means that the factory NEVER operates on a Sunday, regardless of demand or deadlines.
So I've had a look at the Wrightbus Website and as expected due to speculation, the Pulsar 2 is no longer available from it not being displayed on the product list. However to my surprise it seems that the Volvo B7RLE is no longer available, as it only displays Streetlite and Streetlite Max on the midi/single deck option. Have WrightBus really stopped production of the Eclipse 2 as it seemed in my opinion to be a popular heavy weight single deck. If it is gone could it be due to First group opting for the Streetlite Max instead?

http://www.wrightsgroup.com/home
I wonder if their will be a new name for the body that will be put on the B8RLE? Certainly couldn't imagine an Eclipse III guess we will wait an see anyway, as no orders for B8 from a UK Operator yet.

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Brighton & Hove have placed an inaugural order for 24 Wright StreetDecks. The full story can be found here
http://busandcoach.com/featurepage.aspx?...tegoryid=0
First time I've noticed the new front on these, thought they were going to be the same as the Gemini3.
Some more pictures in this Route One article:
http://www.route-one.net/vehicles/wright...-bus-expo/

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Yeah I've found a few articles, interesting that this will be a new family look. Also a mention for the Eclipse3 on the B8RLE chassis, no sign of this on the Wrightbus website but it's still going.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)