Current time: 24/04/2024, 19:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wrightbus
RE: Wrightbus
with 41 seats in 10.8m,44 seats in a 11.5m, wonder how many seats would be in a Streetlite 11.9/12 metre?,i think its brilliant that wrightbus have managed to fit so many seats in a shorter bus & puts the likes of optare to shame,i think if Streetlite did a 7.1 metre & slimer versions it could finally kill off the solo SR
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'll wait and see what legroom's like before I praise getting so many seats into such a sized bus!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
well,the 8.8m & 10.8m buses seem to have good legroom,just as good as a solo if not better
I agree Eclipse. I've been on the 8.8M and 9.5M variants and they both have excellent legroom - they're very comfortable as well
With so many lengths of Streetlite available, it could be a multi-purpose replacement for Darts and a rival to the Enviro200 and Enviro300 design!
if Wrightbus do make a shorter & longer version of the streetlite,would i be right in thinking they would be the first to cover the entire single deck market (mini,midi,full length) with just the 1 model?
(07/06/2012 14:48)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I have to say I'm perplexed as to why they're offering something so similar to their Pulsar design with an equal capacity and low weight chassis... The only real noticeable difference is the 4 cylinder engine as opposed to the 6 cylinder option in the Pulsars and is this narrower than a Pulsar? Be interesting to see how this plays out with regards to orders and future Pulsar production though!

I'd also agree with MX61 in saying that I think it looks good. Not so keen on the wheel forward option but I think DF is really nice on the Streetlite.

Nothing to do with Wrights making more money from it, selling the whole bus rather than just a body?
Very possibly. Anyone know the list prices for the Pulsar vs. Streetlite at standard spec?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I think the way they've released their Streetlite is quite deviously clever actually.

Most Dennis Dart SLF's are due to be scrapped in the very near future, since being bought in bulk by so many operators it's uncountable how many are registered between P-T, which makes them between 12 and 15 years old - usual replacement age. Then we have the first SB120's also!

It looks to me that they've done it like this so that operators looking at replacing their Dennis Dart SLF's in bulk are drawn to this brand new product, and they're going to want to try it out. Excellent plan, Wrightbus! I'm seeing massive amounts of them being bought by First and Arriva possibly, in order to replace their aged fleet. Remember they were a god-send to most companies back then, and were just that excellent all-round product!
So now we have the streetlite on the market WF or DF version which is winning the battle .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)