Current time: 09/05/2024, 22:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(17/12/2016 07:41)childwallblues Wrote:  It will be interesting to see what leaves Speke when the new vehicles arrive. Members post that Commanders are going to both Laird Street and St Helens whilst Geminis are going to St Helens. But are these reports factual or here say? I would suggest that the depot requires more deckers than it currently has given the numbers of Commanders appearing on the 75/79/82/86 on a daily basis. Also I assume that the depot intends to allocate deckers on the 78 and 80 on a permanent basis. That would leave the 76 as the only single deck route at the depot. Probably better to put deckers on there as well and transfer out all of the Commanders.

As far as I'm aware it will be around a dozen Gemini 2s and Commanders leaving Speke (for Birkenhead only - St Helens will be receiving Pulsars from Green Lane) when the new Volvo double deckers enter service. I wouldn't be surprised if some or all of the ex-London double deckers leave Speke as well (maybe moving to Bootle) but I guess time will tell with that one

Regarding converting the 76 to double deckers I don't see the point in converting that to double deck operation for the sake of Speke having an all-double decker allocation when double deckers are desperately needed elsewhere in the division. In my view the 89 desperately needs the Gemini 2s it will receive a lot more than the 76 does at the moment
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - SK15 GZG - 17/12/2016 21:16
Arriva Speke depot - chris217 - 16/04/2020, 10:13
RE: Arriva Speke depot - MPTE1955 - 16/04/2020, 10:50

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)