Current time: 25/04/2024, 08:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Avanti West Coast
RE: First Trenitalia West Coast
(28/11/2019 16:11)Olympian2100 Wrote:  Today's Guardian mentions the Pendolinos will be refurbished and withdrawn in 2022. Clearly an error methinks.

Maybe they mean that the Pendolinos will be refurbished and the Voyagers withdrawn in 2022?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/11/2019 06:19)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Maybe they mean that the Pendolinos will be refurbished and the Voyagers withdrawn in 2022?

The Guardian had a correction in yesterday's edition comfirming it will be the Voyagers getting withdrawn in 2022.
(04/12/2019 11:13)Olympian2100 Wrote:  The Guardian had a correction in yesterday's edition comfirming it will be the Voyagers getting withdrawn in 2022.
That was always the plan.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
RE: Avanti West Coast
Hitachi will supply the 10 electric and 13 bi-mode units.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019...trenitalia
Twelve, or possibly 13, 221 diagrams currently have a diesel requirement.
;
Silence regarding presumed loss of tilt ability - I wonder if Chester trains will lose their MKC stops?
I wonder if there is ever the possibility of seeing 25Kv trains at chester.

We already hsve diesel and 3rd rail but we still don't have 25Kv.

I think it would be great seeing a pendolino in chester, pantograph up and running under its own power.
(08/12/2019 16:41)313201 Wrote:  I wonder if there is ever the possibility of seeing 25Kv trains at chester.

We already hsve diesel and 3rd rail but we still don't have 25Kv.

I think it would be great seeing a pendolino in chester, pantograph up and running under its own power.

Network Rail have said Chester to Crewe is not suitable for standard electrification due to the high number of low bridges on the route. They have suggested discontinuous electrification could be an option but that would mean special EMUs would have to be used and might even mean the Chester to Crewe shuttle would remain DMU operated due to it not being viable for the W&B franchise to have one or two special EMUs for a short shuttle service.
(08/12/2019 15:31)mikestone Wrote:  Silence regarding presumed loss of tilt ability - I wonder if Chester trains will lose their MKC stops?

Tony Miles from Modern Railways has said ever since the failed franchise award to First Group for the West Coast franchise that options for running non-tilting stock at up to 115/120mph and for running tilting stock at up to 130mph are serious proposals. Of course Railtrack were supposed to upgrade the West Coast mainline years ago to allow up to 125mph with standard stock and up to 140mph with tilting stock. At one time all Liverpool-London and Manchester-London services were supposed to have journey times of under 2 hours without first building HS2.
Ah right. I was not sure about the feasibility of sych a wiring project as I have never rode from chester to crewe or vice versa so as a result I didn't know about the number of bridges on the route.
390155 and 390156 now sport the new dark green based livery.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)