Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Express UK Expansion:
National Express UK Expansion:
National Express are taking over the home-to-school contract & also Ring & Ride service from Accessible Transport Group currently being run by it's adminstrators, I believe it could involve up to 400 vehicles:

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/news/artic...rt_service
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: National Express UK Expansion:
(17/07/2019 15:04)Winston Wrote:  National Express are taking over the home-to-school contract & also Ring & Ride service from Accessible Transport Group currently being run by it's adminstrators, I believe it could involve up to 400 vehicles:

https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/news/artic...rt_service

I think what they're doing is simply taking over the vehicles and staff of Igo (formerly WMSNT). They have, however, recently transferred 3 Streetlites down from Dundee to cover tendered work that was formerly run by Igo.
(17/07/2019 19:42)EDB325 Wrote:  I think what they're doing is simply taking over the vehicles and staff of Igo (formerly WMSNT). They have, however, recently transferred 3 Streetlites down from Dundee to cover tendered work that was formerly run by Igo.

Yes, that's correct they're taking over the former contracts/staff & vehicles of Igo approx. 400 vehicles & I assume the current depots they operate from (not sure who owns them). There'll be too many vehicles to absorb in to exiting NXWM depots.

Whilst a new venture for NX in the UK and a sizeable one, they have plenty of experience of this type of work from their US paratransit business.

The 3 Dundee Streetlites were for just one specific former Igo contract that could only accommodate swb/midi buses (something which NXWM had run short of). NXWM have been bidding/have won quite a lot of tendered work from TfWM, former Igo between Oct 2018 to present inc Coventry - Ansty Business Park tenders from Diamond. The Fleet size is currently the highest it's been for a good few years excluding the above, the number of withdrawals following new Platinum deliveries will also be less than planned this year due to amount of extra work won.
BBC News reporting that National Express will be claiming the £1000 bonus' for bringing backed furloughed staff and will be using them to subside bus fares.
Although this money will eventually run out, I gather they are hoping the increased ridership could make the lower fares more sustainable.
Just looked and NX are only offering 1 coach a day from Liverpool to Manchester and 5 coaches a day Manchester to Leeds so it fair to say they only want London and airport routes to carry on.
(30/07/2021 06:14)Mrboo Wrote:  Just looked and NX are only offering 1 coach a day from Liverpool to Manchester and 5 coaches a day Manchester to Leeds so it fair to say they only want London and airport routes to carry on.

I've noticed if you want to do Manchester to Bristol now then Megabus is the only direct option, as NX requires a change at Birmingham.
Could be interesting..

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-t...mXvl9MCfdE

Was jcksmnr
(21/09/2021 09:10)Jack Wrote:  https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-t...mXvl9MCfdE

"Stagecoach, solely focused on Britain"

Is that correct, meaning not only do they not operate any services outside the UK but they don't get any financial benefit from international services operated under the Megabus brand?
Could then mean Megabus being offloaded to flixbus if NX takes over but that is not a shock. NX is in trouble with flixbus if they dont now take action and stagecoach has issues with Manchester maybe and also megabus. So putting Stagecoach onto NX routes would mean local depots all in house.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)