Current time: 16/04/2024, 15:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Colas Rail
Colas Rail
86701 was noted at Rugby yesterday morning with the ex GW Motor Rail vans. No starting date has yet been given for for thir use on the Daventry to Euston freight service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Colas Rail
(31/10/2012 10:30)childwallblues Wrote:  86701 was noted at Rugby yesterday morning with the ex GW Motor Rail vans. No starting date has yet been given for for thir use on the Daventry to Euston freight service.

What type of freight will the service deliver into Euston?
Goods for the shops in Euston Station. If the trial is a success it will be extended to shops in the Euston area.
(31/10/2012 19:24)childwallblues Wrote:  Goods for the shops in Euston Station. If the trial is a success it will be extended to shops in the Euston area.

Cheers!

Sounds a great idea and should reduce city centre road congestion and, as presumably running at night, use some of the spare capacity as the big city terminii.
86701 on 4Z56 did a trial run into Platform 3 at Euston last night. 47739 was on the other end.
56087 is woking the Dollands Moor to Longsight new Pendolino coaches today.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
56087 worked the Dollands Moor to Longsight as far as Rugby where 86701 took over to Longsight. 86701 was due to return to Rugby last night,

(01/11/2012 07:00)childwallblues Wrote:  86701 on 4Z56 did a trial run into Platform 3 at Euston last night. 47739 was on the other end.

Is there somewhere online where I can read about this operation in more detail and/or see photographs of the operation as may be useful for piece of work currently doing.

TIA

Nick
(02/11/2012 09:26)DVL418 Wrote:  
(01/11/2012 07:00)childwallblues Wrote:  86701 on 4Z56 did a trial run into Platform 3 at Euston last night. 47739 was on the other end.

Is there somewhere online where I can read about this operation in more detail and/or see photographs of the operation as may be useful for piece of work currently doing.

TIA

Nick
I pick my information up from Heads Up

56302 is the third of the class to be put into service with Colas

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)