Current time: 17/05/2024, 16:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(09/04/2021 08:36)Barney Wrote:  My understanding is that the individual responsible for this total mess announced several months ago that he was stepping down and that his replacement has stated publicly that she viewed the anti-bus policy as being illogical and counter productive if the council wishes to attract more people into the city.

As we all knew when it was first proposed, the re-routing and curtailment of many city centre routes and the much vaunted Old Haymarket bus hub was never going to work. Hopefully, a serious re-appraisal will now be conducted.
That's good. I hadn't heard this. I hope that the replacement does reverse some of all of the changes. I can see some of the idea and I think to an extent, it may have helped some issues but it also made other areas much worse. Having so many buses terminate on Dale Street meant a lot of buses trying to park up in a few stops and there were a number of buses running through quite quiet. Maybe more links could/should be provides such as Moorfields (only had alighting on Dale Street, to get on a bus, you would have be walking to Lord Street or Queen Square) and/or Old Hall Street. So many buses continued through to the same places and with how few people there were per bus, moving people onto less buses makes sense. I think operators were a bit worried though of the change. Even if the bus routing is reverted though, there will be some issues if the Castle Street closure is kept as that will rid one of the main routes in the city forcing every bus onto The Strand to get to James Street/Lord Street which won't be very good. There does need to be more city centre termini.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals - iMarkeh - 09/04/2021 10:55

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)