Current time: 17/05/2024, 17:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(08/04/2021 08:14)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  The reverse horn can be silenced for exactly this purpose can’t it?
You can silence it but you're not meant to really (except 11pm-7am I think it is when it should be turned off).

(08/04/2021 09:34)L401CJF Wrote:  The logic of a London style one route per line thing wouldn't work in the hub. It's too small. It is 3 spaces side by side with another 3 spaces behind. Can hold 6, plus 2 in a row on the street (not a problem on this one as the rear bus can easily get out)

If only 2 or 3 routes had layover in the hub that would be fine and easy to organise, however a lot more than 3 services layover in the Queen Sq area, hence why there are buses parked in empty bus stops, on double yellows, and on Victoria St outside the Shankly Hotel most of the time. Then after 9pm the Cross Rivers don't serve Cook St and then finish at Whitechapel, so they've got to squeeze in too.

It's very rare I use the hub full stop except late at night when it's quiet, I prefer to hide on Dale Street somewhere out of the way.

And yes reverse horns can be turned off easily for exactly this reason, however the general rule is no reversing without a banksman and the unions probably wouldn't allow it.
100% agree with you. The designer may have thought about using the London style though which is what I was trying to get at but they clearly didn't understand the local area and how it was intended to be used as a somewhat free for all.

It's not good that it's easier for drivers to park in random places, especially when there are (were) facilities available to use at the bus hub which would be very helpful for drivers. I hope that the scheme does get a rethink and isn't overruled by anti bus Labour (well, anti bus unless they personally have control)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals - iMarkeh - 09/04/2021 06:43

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)