Current time: 21/05/2024, 06:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
It seems that complications have arised regarding the works to redevelop Lime Street, as there have been complaints regarding bus access from council members and the public with pressure mounting on the council to change the major redesign.

I believe there has also been backlash with the withdrawal of the 82D/86D services, providing a cross-city shuttle to Liverpool ONE, now that is relied on only by the 10A and the 18.

As a section of Lime Street has been closed off to all traffic with the section to become a direct route to the nearby car park to St. Johns, it is said that this will prevent bus services from travelling between Elliot Street, St. Georges Place, and beyond.

There have been a number of options however, unfortunately making changes during the redevelopment is not possible and must be considered in the future because of cost implications. Most of the options suggested were ruled out because of buses having to cross cycle lanes or operational capacity concerns.

The third option in the report which could've been viable would've seen buses being able to travel northbound to Elliot Street to St George's Place only, with an amended design that would mean buses not have to cross into the cycle lane whilst creating a signalised junction. The downside however, is that this would cost £609,500, and push the overall scheme back by twelve weeks.

I'm probably posting this in the wrong thread, feel free to correct any errors I've made.

Source:
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...e-20326919
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals - NathanR - 06/04/2021 10:48

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)