Current time: 02/05/2024, 13:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(02/03/2020 11:51)T42 PVM Wrote:  Would not surprise me if its put back until after the May Elections

Hmmm...that’s true. The only thing I’ve noted is the date, and a statement that 90% of current journeys will not be affected. That, tied in with an apparent lack of changes to registrations for said buses does suggest this could get deferred.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/03/2020 16:42)Turbostar Wrote:  Hmmm...that’s true. The only thing I’ve noted is the date, and a statement that 90% of current journeys will not be affected. That, tied in with an apparent lack of changes to registrations for said buses does suggest this could get deferred.

Dont electoral rules dictate that no policy changes can take place before an election of any sort for the fear of gerrymandering a result in the said election.

i do know that in a General election the Government can not introduce anything new and can only do enough to perform the function of Government , therefore i would assume it would be the same with Local elections and Mayoral elections.
(02/03/2020 20:26)wirralbus Wrote:  Dont electoral rules dictate that no policy changes can take place before an election of any sort for the fear of gerrymandering a result in the said election.

i do know that in a General election the Government can not introduce anything new and can only do enough to perform the function of Government , therefore i would assume it would be the same with Local elections and Mayoral elections.
Option 1 is he sorts it quickly so he can say 'look what I have achieved'
Option 2 is he delays the proposals and says 'I will continue to work on it' and make it an election promise to try and win votes.

Option 1 I thought was a lot more likely. Perhaps bus operators are pushing back.

Is the bus hub open and being used by existing Queen Square terminator routes?
(03/03/2020 22:04)iMarkeh Wrote:  Is the bus hub open and being used by existing Queen Square terminator routes?

Not yet. It's been connected to Dale Street, but the junction is still blocked off
(03/03/2020 22:50)Walton 46 Wrote:  Not yet. It's been connected to Dale Street, but the junction is still blocked off

Surely it would make sense to open it as a 'soft launch' for the existing terminating routes.
(03/03/2020 23:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  Surely it would make sense to open it as a 'soft launch' for the existing terminating routes.

The Council and the bus companies began testing the Bus Hub a few weeks ago, but they have had to delay further tests because it's been found that the curve from Victoria Street onto Old Haymarket is too tight for certain buses. So the council are currently modifying the curve to make it easier for buses to turn
(04/03/2020 09:38)Walton 46 Wrote:  The Council and the bus companies began testing the Bus Hub a few weeks ago, but they have had to delay further tests because it's been found that the curve from Victoria Street onto Old Haymarket is too tight for certain buses. So the council are currently modifying the curve to make it easier for buses to turn

Fantastic, put a lot of highly paid top council buffs and contractors together to create an especially designed bus hub, which big buses cant fit around! Why am I not shocked?
(04/03/2020 10:22)L401CJF Wrote:  Fantastic, put a lot of highly paid top council buffs and contractors together to create an especially designed bus hub, which big buses cant fit around! Why am I not shocked?

And according to someone in the know, Arriva aren't planning on using it because it doesn't fit in with their 'operational requirements'
On the Commonplace survey thing, it suggests that changes have been made to the proposals and we will find out more confirmed changes in due course (See the bolded sections in the quote below)

Quote:In summer 2019 we asked bus users in Liverpool City Centre for their feedback on proposals to reroute services in the city centre in response to Liverpool City Council's £45m City Centre Connectivity Scheme (LCCCS). Over 13,000 people viewed the proposals and nearly 2,000 comments were received. Since then Merseytravel, Liverpool City Council and the bus operators have worked together to consider all the feedback and details of the final plans for changes to bus routes will soon be confirmed.

Whilst the key principles of the original bus re-routing plan remains, some important revisions have been made that reflect the feedback received. As a result, the majority of bus users will see no change to their journeys.

You will find full details of all the changes on this site once they are finalised.

https://liverpoolcitycentrebus.commonplace.is/
(16/03/2020 14:10)iMarkeh Wrote:  On the Commonplace survey thing, it suggests that changes have been made to the proposals and we will find out more confirmed changes in due course (See the bolded sections in the quote below)

https://liverpoolcitycentrebus.commonplace.is/

Thanks. Interesting to note that whilst the message is essentially the same as the one I saw about a month ago, the date of 19 April is now missing! That was the date the revised bus routes were due to kick in.

I have signed up for updates, so hopefully will hear something soon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)