Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
RE: Liverpool City Centre bus re-routing proposals
(17/03/2020 14:31)Turbostar19 Wrote:  Thanks. Interesting to note that whilst the message is essentially the same as the one I saw about a month ago, the date of 19 April is now missing! That was the date the revised bus routes were due to kick in.

I have signed up for updates, so hopefully will hear something soon.

Date is now removed because most decisions will be open ended now until the present emergency situation is sorted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/03/2020 05:49)wirralbus Wrote:  Date is now removed because most decisions will be open ended now until the present emergency situation is sorted.

No, it wasn't changed because of the virus. It has been like that for a few weeks but only recently decided to question it.
Finalised plans have now been released. A few changes to the original ideas and while it's still not very good, it does provide more buses through the city than it did before.

7 is moved to Liverpool One (not serving Queen Square)
10B cut back to start and terminate at Queen Square
12/13 cut back to start and terminate at Queen Square but some morning peak services will extend to Lord Street
14 cut back to start and terminate at Queen Square but some morning peak services will extend to Lord Street
10B cut back to start and terminate at Queen Square (no longer serving Sir Thomas Street)
17 cut back to start and terminate at Queen Square but some morning peak services will extend to Lord Street
18 will now run through the city to Liverpool One (no longer stopping at Mann Island)
19 cut back to start and terminate at Queen Square but some morning peak services will extend to Lord Street
20s will only extend into the city in the morning peak peak and will terminate on Lord Street (no longer serving Water Street)
21 cut back to start and terminate at Queen Square but some morning peak services will extend to Lord Street
55D will extend to Lord Street (instead of Dale Street)
61 will divert onto London Road instead of Brownlow Hill
78 cut back to start and terminate at Queen Square
79C will now run via Crown Street and London Road (instead of Brownlow Hill)
79Q scrapped. All buses will run as the 79
80 will run via Duke Street instead of Hanover Street
82 will return to all buses both ways on Hanover Street

All in all, this means at least people can get to work in the morning peak off most of these routes but shame there are no evening peak buses to these areas to get people home. I think it's unfair that Arriva have the extra route though through the city with the 10A and the 18, surely a Stagecoach route should also be allowed to run through to even things out. The extra 6bph through the city is welcome though rather than it just being the 10A.

With the consultation page saying no changes to other services, I trust that the Cross River services are still running to Cook Street which will help provide an extra few buses that way (I think it would be good if they perhaps moved a QS terminating bus into Whitechapel and then moved the 471/472 into Queen Square alighting bay as this would then assist those who are being kicked off at Queen Square to get further into the city, quicker. I don't think people really know about going to Whitechapel and boarding a cross river bus to go to Cook Street).

Anyway, that's my thoughts on it all.
79C already runs via London Road as per the extension/reversion to Runcorn in August. Thanks for the summary though, interesting to see the changes being made and glad to see the 82 returning to its old route. I agree with you on the cross city service front, Would have thought it would be free between QS and L1, as plans previously suggested, but then again Merseytravel have have spent quite a lot already because of the pandemic
(26/11/2020 16:50)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  79C already runs via London Road as per the extension/reversion to Runcorn in August. Thanks for the summary though, interesting to see the changes being made and glad to see the 82 returning to its old route. I agree with you on the cross city service front, Would have thought it would be free between QS and L1, as plans previously suggested, but then again Merseytravel have have spent quite a lot already because of the pandemic
Thank you for that information.

I don't think a free bus would have been the way to go simply because a lot of people exploit loopholes and unless you had 10As (towards St Helens) stop and kick everyone off at QS then load up, you would have people continuing beyond the free travel area which could result in a lot of lost revenue for operators. Given that all 'returns' are actually day tickets in Liverpool, the majority of passengers will have no issues as they can just use their normal bus ticket and change. Those which will be affected are those who purchase single tickets.
(26/11/2020 18:24)iMarkeh Wrote:  Thank you for that information.

I don't think a free bus would have been the way to go simply because a lot of people exploit loopholes and unless you had 10As (towards St Helens) stop and kick everyone off at QS then load up, you would have people continuing beyond the free travel area which could result in a lot of lost revenue for operators. Given that all 'returns' are actually day tickets in Liverpool, the majority of passengers will have no issues as they can just use their normal bus ticket and change. Those which will be affected are those who purchase single tickets.

Yeah I do think that is the best way to go, I can definitely see plenty taking the proverbial with that one. I think at first it was meant to be a ‘dedicated’ free service, but I had doubts of how that would be sustainable anyway given the existing services (and especially with the current passenger levels). It may be an option in the future to offer a reduced fare for those purchasing singles between the two locations, though this does pose the same issue with people staying on beyond QS.

Merseytravel have said they will monitor the changes so hopefully they will fix issues should any arise. I would think that the 14/A would be a better option than the 18 for a cross city service, as then Stagecoach tickets can be used on both services regardless of operator or service
All those buses terminating at QS, where are they going to layover, the new bus hub isn't that big
(27/11/2020 01:56)N271CKB Wrote:  All those buses terminating at QS, where are they going to layover, the new bus hub isn't that big
Probably going to be retimed to get straight in and out of Liverpool city centre , with the outer terminus going to be padded instead.
In the current situation with low passenger loadings, I suspect that these changes won't raise any massive objections. However, when this pandemic is over - hopefully by the summer - and the city gets back to normality, I predict that Merseytravel will come under a lot of pressure to reverse some of these changes. Watch this space.
Article in the ECHO recently published regarding the new changes to come into effect next Sunday, noticed while it mentions the 10A will remain as a cross-city service, it doesn't mention my local route (18) as part of the service since the 10A and the 18 would be used as the cross-city service.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...h-19633261

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)