Current time: 16/05/2024, 11:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(27/11/2015 05:10)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Ive noticed that 27288 doesn't have a big overhanging nearside mirror arm. I wonder if the rest will be like this and if so, then why the sudden change from the Merseyside management.

Also to note, as from Sunday, the only route registered to pick up passengers on Lime Street is the 10A. Every other Stagecoach route is drop off only. Supposed to help the flow of traffic on Lime Street. Not sure if Arriva have done the same but im sure they will as it sounds like a Merseytravel request.

Having looked a photos of new E200MMCs elsewhere, they have a smaller nearside mirror too so maybe these Enviro300s have that with that in mind?

It'll be interesting how these drive compared to the others and how good the view is on that mirror with the assault shield etc in the way.

With regards to Lime Street I thought it was good as drop off only anyway?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well more Enviro300s have arrived with the same nearside mirror arm as 27288. The view looks appauling. Top half of the mirror is above the doors on 27288 and as you said, the screens and door, im pretty sure, wont help visibility. Maybe they have all the trees down the east lancs in mind? Easy to catch one with them overhanging mirrors.

As for Lime Street. I think there has been complaints about the build up of traffic and buses alighting outside the empire. Probably easier to just have one route observing the stop, and makes sense for it to be the one that goes furthest into/around town.
(27/11/2015 13:38)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  As for Lime Street. I think there has been complaints about the build up of traffic and buses alighting outside the empire. Probably easier to just have one route observing the stop, and makes sense for it to be the one that goes furthest into/around town.

How ridiculous. The fact that so many people want to alight at the stop outside the North Western Hotel indicates that there is a demand. I suspect that most people who alight there want to catch a train from Lime Street. If this stop is no longer observed the alternative will be to alight at the top of London Road or Queen Square, having sat on the bus for an extra five minutes. Removing this stop will have no beneficial effect on the traffic flow.

The fundamental problem with the traffic flow in the Lime Street area is the awful road layout after the Big Dig in 2008 where three lanes of traffic now converge into two.
(27/11/2015 15:37)Barney Wrote:  How ridiculous. The fact that so many people want to alight at the stop outside the North Western Hotel indicates that there is a demand. I suspect that most people who alight there want to catch a train from Lime Street. If this stop is no longer observed the alternative will be to alight at the top of London Road or Queen Square, having sat on the bus for an extra five minutes. Removing this stop will have no beneficial effect on the traffic flow.

The fundamental problem with the traffic flow in the Lime Street area is the awful road layout after the Big Dig in 2008 where three lanes of traffic now converge into two.

Buses will still drop of, just not pick up

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(27/11/2015 15:19)Dentonian Wrote:  Have we got registration details for (any of) 27289-300 yet?

ta

No mention of anything on BLOTW (as of yet), but 27289 looks like it's just been registered today.
From DVLA database;

27288 (SN65 OEG) NEW 25-11-2015, TAX 01-11-2016, 6696ccDIESEL, MULTI-COLOUR.
27289 (SN65 OEH) NEW 26-11-2015, TAX 01-11-2016, 6696ccDIESEL, MULTI-COLOUR.

http://gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax
Hope this helps.
Sure OEK is in the yard as well. Looked to be at least 2, maybe 3 arrive today
Just picked up 19045 from preston
(27/11/2015 15:19)Dentonian Wrote:  Have we got registration details for (any of) 27289-300 yet?

ta

SN65 OEG/H/J-M/O/P/R-V

Treat with a pinch of salt however as I'm not entirely confident in the source.
The registrations that I have are:

27288 - SN65 OEG
27289 - SN65 OEH
27290 - SN65 OEJ
27291 - SN65 OEK
27292 - SN65 OEL
27293 - SN65 OEM
27294 - SN65 OEO
27295 - SN65 OEP
27296 - SN65 OER
27297 - SN65 OES
27298 - SN65 OET
27299 - SN65 OEU
27300 - SN65 OEV
(27/11/2015 18:41)r411 xfl Wrote:  Just picked up 19045 from preston

Good to hear Gillmoss are starting to get double deckers

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)