Current time: 16/05/2024, 19:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Thanks for the info!

Before anyone starts asking why GM couldn't have sent 55 plate vehicles directly to South West, I have a feeling its to do with book value of the vehicles.
Recently the 05s at East Scotland replaced S reg MAN ALX300s, with their much higher book value. 53 plate darts ex-GM are much more appropriate for this task and will help improve the depot finances.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/01/2014 19:02)mbonwick Wrote:  Thanks for the info!

Before anyone starts asking why GM couldn't have sent 55 plate vehicles directly to South West, I have a feeling its to do with book value of the vehicles.
Recently the 05s at East Scotland replaced S reg MAN ALX300s, with their much higher book value. 53 plate darts ex-GM are much more appropriate for this task and will help improve the depot finances.

Sorry, but that is just nonsense about the 05 plates at East Scotland!
Some 53 plate Darts from North Scotland were surplus, and they used them to replace some of their oldest MANs - absolutely nothing to do with book values!!
(09/01/2014 12:53)St Helens Rider Wrote:  
(09/01/2014 11:58)MX12CFE Wrote:  Heard that Stagecoach are looking at starting a new route the X35 running between Liverpool and Wigan via Maghull and Ormskirk.

Rumours of this were around when they took over Wigan so it has been circulating for more than 12 months. It is interesting that a number has been quoted. Think bet to just wait and see.

I think that a Liverpool-Wigan service via Skelmersdale could be viable but I'm not too sure that operating through Maghull and Ormskirk is the best route for two reasons. Firstly, Arriva wouldn't take too kindly to competition in an area that it regards as its own. Secondly, the fact that the route would parallel the Ormskirk- Liverpool Merseyrail line would make it less attractive as it be a much longer journey time.

An alternative, more direct route could be to provide a link between Skelmersdale and Kirkby then send it via the new X3 route. Sections of the service could be limited stop to reduce journey time. I'm sure such a service would be popular, especially with football fans of both persuasions. Who knows, demand might be such that it ends up running seven days a week.
The route between Kirkby & Skelmersdale could be a bit like the old 345/355/365 Route, although passenger usage that way probably wouldn't be great.
(21/01/2014 19:26)MPTE1955 Wrote:  The route between Kirkby & Skelmersdale could be a bit like the old 345/355/365 Route, although passenger usage that way probably wouldn't be great.

To be honest with you, I was thinking of it running from Skelmersdale along the M58 between junctions 1-3 and then the A506. From Kirkby to Liverpool it could then run as a limited stop service like the old LCPT 544 did before the Kirkby line was electrified in 1977. Remember that? I've no doubt that Stagecoach management and drivers could identify the busiest stops that could be served along the Kirkby-Liverpool section.

It will be interesting to see if the new X3 can keep to the advertised journey time of 36 minutes without it being a limited stop service. I suspect that it won't be able to in its present format.

I know this suggestion might seem slightly off the wall, but who would have thought that the X2 would have become the success it has? And that it is competition with Merseyrail and Arriva's 47/48.
Solo 47711 was unusually on the 19 last night!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
S657FWY 16234 is allegedly on the 10A after being used on the 917.
This is unbelievable - both Arriva and Stagecoach using deckers on the 10A on the same day.
Trident HSV 194 also made an appearance on the 21 yesterday

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
From a posting on the 'Stagecoach Enthusiasts' facebook group, 33175/6 & 34478 are currently en route to Thanet depot of East Kent, a photo seen of the 3 at Rugby during a fuel stop.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 64 Guest(s)