Current time: 29/04/2024, 20:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(09/01/2014 12:53)St Helens Rider Wrote:  
(09/01/2014 11:58)MX12CFE Wrote:  Heard that Stagecoach are looking at starting a new route the X35 running between Liverpool and Wigan via Maghull and Ormskirk.

Rumours of this were around when they took over Wigan so it has been circulating for more than 12 months. It is interesting that a number has been quoted. Think bet to just wait and see.

I think that a Liverpool-Wigan service via Skelmersdale could be viable but I'm not too sure that operating through Maghull and Ormskirk is the best route for two reasons. Firstly, Arriva wouldn't take too kindly to competition in an area that it regards as its own. Secondly, the fact that the route would parallel the Ormskirk- Liverpool Merseyrail line would make it less attractive as it be a much longer journey time.

An alternative, more direct route could be to provide a link between Skelmersdale and Kirkby then send it via the new X3 route. Sections of the service could be limited stop to reduce journey time. I'm sure such a service would be popular, especially with football fans of both persuasions. Who knows, demand might be such that it ends up running seven days a week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - Barney - 21/01/2014 18:53

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)