Current time: 29/04/2024, 23:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
After Strawberry tried the venture to Southport last year, they stated that they weren't making enough to make it viable. The reason for that, I believe, is Fairway's interference in the Stagecoach service.

As soon as Fairway stepped in with a lower fare (albeit with much worse vehicles) they took the fare paying passengers. Therefore, Stagecoach lost the little income they gained from the route rendering it a loss making service for them. They pulled out and the route was left with step entrance, inferior minibuses. The chops and changed which followed in the hands of Fairway then ruined the 'reputation' of the route, if you will, and also lost a lot of regular custom therefore making it impossible for even them to run it through to Southport which is when it was chopped back to Ormskirk. That route slid and slid from the minute Fairway put their foot in the door.

Do I think it would still run through to Southport, be a Stagecoach service and operate at a financial gain for them if Fairway had never touched it? Yes, I do.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot - CX54 DKD - 27/06/2012 20:19

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)