Current time: 16/05/2024, 07:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
Finally a sensible post!

Can't really argue with anything you've said CX54DKD, and it ties in nicely with the point cumbria09.. made a few pages back that the extra seats vs extra cost of ordering double deckers mean that you actually get more seats for the same £££ through single decks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
33030 is back in service on the 17.

Here is my Flickr photo stream why dont you take a look! It was last updated: 15/05/13
Les Burton is the manager from manchester, now working at GL who converted Liverpools buses to single deck until 2011. whether that was choice or not I don't know, but he was the one who converted the fleet, claiming vandalism helped that decision.
Baring in mind in GTL years, there was several Leyland Titan de-roofings, an engine vandalised by fire 2 days after being replaced, several buses titans which were burnt out, Plus general everyday vandalism and other driver faults.
I would also like to add that most of the "double decker routes" were converted to Alexander Dash operation, as well as 35 seater step darts

People must understand that QBP's are not handsigned by god. A bus is going to be late anyway for numerous reasons, from aggressive argueing passengers, to people asking questions, to high loading, to bad traffic or hitting every red light on the way.
People moaning about QBPs are like londoners complaining there every "3 minute" service has been delayed by 30 seconds.
The only true negative inpact because of a QBP is the fact your highly unlikely to see any competition from other operators now, such as Merseyline, Merseypride, and LMS, who have in the past competed on the 10B corridor and 82. the days of independents like these are left to collect the contracts big operators don't want

You are mearly a passenger, not an executive, if your bus is bloody late, just wait!
I didnt have a hissy fit waiting 40 minutes in Ellesmere Port for a Liverpool bus, I kindly told the old people around me that I could see 3 buses approaching, and to use them as the one which was loading was filling up.

Yes we do have Dennis Tridents now in the fleet, they were ment to be 55' reg examples but management sent us tired ex-london stock, which have not only had thousands spent on them getting them ready for Liverpool life, they've spent plenty of time in the pits getting new engines and various mechanical problems sorted out.
(23/10/2012 12:31)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  You are mearly a passenger, not an executive, if your bus is bloody late, just wait!
I didnt have a hissy fit waiting 40 minutes in Ellesmere Port for a Liverpool bus, I kindly told the old people around me that I could see 3 buses approaching, and to use them as the one which was loading was filling up.

I'm sorry, I thought buses were ran for passengers and not executives who probably never use the buses they're operating. You may find late running acceptable but it's just plainly not. It doesn't matter if the route is every 5 minutes or every hour, buses should run to timetable within reason. I understand why currently the 86 is running behind timetable, due to ill thought out roadworks along the route but other times it seems a regularity for buses to just show up when they feel like.

Also, we're full well in our rights to moan about the QBPs when they're so poorly thought out. Merseytravel couldn't care less about them either from past experience.
The vandalism excuse gets bandied about a lot on here, but Manchester buses are victims of vandalism yet they probably have the highest intake of deckers outside of London. Again, Arriva run deckers way into the night on their core services, 79/82/86, without much if any issue.

Thankfully, Stagecoach have not been let anywhere near the parts of the QBPs that I actually use so I don't have to put up with the shoddy service provided with terribly presented 55 plate Dart SLFs. It's just a shame that their core routes where they have no competition from other companies have to suffer with the same lack of capacity.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Endemic problems with privitisation... as usual.
Another problem pre-privatisation was the use of double deckers on services that pushed fresh air for high subsidy , there is pros and cons in every story.
I wouldnt say that Stagecoach provide a shoddy service and I don't think the darts are poorly presented, generally they are quite tidy but there are sevices that they operate that could do with a larger bus but not necessarily a decker. wirralbus makes a good point about pre-privatisation.
the thing is everybody forget 53 as well that was run by darts till Enviro300 came and believe me the dart wasn't fit for purpose now Enviro300 u can atleast get a seat
I am a regular user of the 53 so yes I remember that, don't forget we had an all dart 53 when the Enviro300'S were away, to be fair Arriva were little better as by and large they used to use mostly darts as well at the same time. Before the QBP on the 53 Stagecoach used Liberators and Renowns.
Out of interest does Gillmoss still have a problem with vandalism only I havent seen that many bues that have a vanalism problem whenever I've been in Liverpool, as for the problems GTL had I think it only related to certain areas with Kirkby/Tower Hill being one of them in fact I'm sure once over GTL actually withdrew evening/late services from the area due to the problems that they were having.

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)