Current time: 16/05/2024, 05:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach Merseyside - Gillmoss Depot
(20/08/2012 19:03)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  it's over the road from the depot at the junction with the East Lancs

Exactly whereabouts and what side as you are saying its on the junction with the east lancs but the depot is on the east lancs anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The park and ride is literally opposite the gates of Gilmoss depot Smile
(20/08/2012 21:03)K853 MTJ Wrote:  The park and ride is literally opposite the gates of Gilmoss depot Smile

So basically where houses used to be on the other side of the road, is that right.
No, imagine your going down the East Lancs (Kirkby bound), coming up to Gilmoss, turn left down a little road, on your right is the gates to enter Gilmoss Depot, on your life is the Park and Ride site (If I have that correct!)
Perhaps this on Google Maps will help you, although it is a pretty outdated view of the P&R site!
(21/08/2012 07:52)K853 MTJ Wrote:  No, imagine your going down the East Lancs (Kirkby bound), coming up to Gilmoss, turn left down a little road, on your right is the gates to enter Gilmoss Depot, on your life is the Park and Ride site (If I have that correct!)
Perhaps this on Google Maps will help you, although it is a pretty outdated view of the P&R site!

Right, I know where it is now, its on the same side of the East Lancs as the bus depot, the way it was put made me think it was on the other side of the East Lancs. Thanks.
34619 (PX04 HTY) TBI DartSLF/Pointer2 seen again, this time on route 53.

Seems to have dull green Flip-Dot destination displays fitted rather that the usual bright orange LEDs.
And I know a Preston megarider costs £14.50 (it says so on the windows), but will it get me back to Kirkdale??Wink
It was 2005 before LEDs were fitted to vehicles in place of flip dots.

Gillmoss' darts have all had LEDs retrofitted, Preston didn't bother.
(24/08/2012 15:02)mbonwick Wrote:  It was 2005 before LEDs were fitted to vehicles in place of flip dots.

Gillmoss' darts have all had LEDs retrofitted, Preston didn't bother.

Thanks for that Michael, you sure know your stuffWink
So it looks like the 83/84 will be withdrawn by Stagecoach and the 183/184 will take over with Avon being the company to take the route. I wonder what this means for the Solos? Unless the Solo's maybe used on this proposed Park&Ride service at Gilmoss to see if bigger single decks will be needed? Be interesting whichever outcome

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
Its not as if the solos can be used on the 133 anymore as Stagecoach will not be doing that anymore so the only use for them is on the 197/198 Kirkby circulars, we will have to wait and see.

User(s) browsing this thread: 111 Guest(s)