Current time: 29/04/2024, 17:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(25/07/2018 22:16)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  "The busiest tendered area".
Halton View/Moorfield Rd may be the busiest tendered area in Widnes, However 'busy' is distortion. It is rare that more than 10 passengers are on a vehicle at any given time to/from this particular area, and most of those who are hold concessionary passes.
The greatest funded/tendered services for Halton Transport are the Merseytavel services and private college contracts. Commercially this falls to the 14/61 and 62.

I'd also like to point out that Halton View is less than a mile from Widnes Train Stn, which has a shorter journey time and is served by three trains an hour direct to Liverpool Lime St, would local commuters really change from this to bus travel?

Your suggestion of route seems to imply targeted direct competition. Rather than travel as per the current X1, a wise suggestion would be operating Halton View via Widnes Town Centre, Farnworth, Cronton College, Bowring Park, Edge Lane, Liverpool (Targeting the 7 and 61) or via Hough Green which would directly target the 14, 79c and Northern stopping train service)
Information I acquired through Freedom of Information shows the 27 takes 10k pax per month. The 26 and 26A collectively take 5k pax per month. Regardless of what we see, somehow, the ticket machines are logging this amount of people.

The route is not running as people thing. I have bought the registration. The bus is coming off at Ditton, along Liverpool Road, into Green Oaks, out via Peel House Lane and Derby Road. It then terminates at the roundabout on Moorfields Road. Returning via Dykins Lane and Barrow Green Lane.

Meaning this route hits 62, 26/26A and 82A in ditton. 17s and 61s up Peel House Lane, the 7 on Derby Road and it gets the 26/27 at Crows Nest. Given it stops at all recognised stops after coming off the expressway, it will take quite a few people off each route. Maybe just one or two per trip but overall, it adds up. Especially when on the same frequency as the buses you are competing with.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot - iMarkeh - 26/07/2018 15:45

User(s) browsing this thread: 133 Guest(s)