Current time: 30/04/2024, 08:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(05/07/2022 05:30)M60lad Wrote:  Does anybody know what Preston used on EL1 yesterday as EL1 didn't seem to track yesterday according to BusTimes.org.

Saw an old style Enviro 400 on it, didnt catch the reg or fleet number though. The destination was showing staff bus as Preston depot wont have the EL1 programmed into their bus destinations.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/07/2022 11:35)MX12CFE Wrote:  Saw an old style Enviro 400 on it, didnt catch the reg or fleet number though. The destination was showing staff bus as Preston depot wont have the EL1 programmed into their bus destinations.

11111 is back on it today
(05/07/2022 11:35)MX12CFE Wrote:  Saw an old style Enviro 400 on it, didnt catch the reg or fleet number though. The destination was showing staff bus as Preston depot wont have the EL1 programmed into their bus destinations.

It was Scania 15574.
I've always wondered if Stagecoach have ever given thought to taking a commercial risk and operating the EL1 as a through-journey from the Liverpool direction to the campus? Edge Hill Uni is in the middle of nowhere, the parking situation is chronic, so the EL1 is a vital cog for students and staff going there. Just a thought from a long-time daily commuter to campus.

The Beatles, Fountains Of Wayne, XTC, The Who, ELO

Power Pop For All
[font=Impact][/font]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/07/2022 20:20)teenagewasteland Wrote:  I've always wondered if Stagecoach have ever given thought to taking a commercial risk and operating the EL1 as a through-journey from the Liverpool direction to the campus? Edge Hill Uni is in the middle of nowhere, the parking situation is chronic, so the EL1 is a vital cog for students and staff going there. Just a thought from a long-time daily commuter to campus.

Not much point with a frequent train service. The EL1 is free for all Edge Hill students anyway
(05/07/2022 20:44)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Not much point with a frequent train service. The EL1 is free for all Edge Hill students anyway

Maybe, but Merseyrail isn't cheap, and the interchange between Ormskirk station and the temporary bus stops whilst the bus station is redeveloped is plainly awful. Stagecoach get good loads on the EL1 between September and the end of May, and I think there may be room for expansion.

The Beatles, Fountains Of Wayne, XTC, The Who, ELO

Power Pop For All
[font=Impact][/font]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
If Stagecoach wanted to keep the X3 going, that could have been diverted from Kirkby Civic to Ormskirk rather than Kirkby Ind Est. That would have made an interesting link.

There is certainly room for expansion but I don't think the Uni want it either to be fair as the Uni could have funded the 319 to remain to St Helens hourly but they let that go and be replaced by the 152. The EL1 is merely just something to get students without a car to somewhere where they can travel onwards. I don't think it's there to actually generate any half decent usage else, like almost all other uni buses up and down the UK, it would run until silly hours of the morning and accommodate the late night uni goings on. Generally though, they are a Pro Car uni, not Pro Sustainable Travel.
Several E400MMC's spotted in Birkenhead heading in the direction of Rock Ferry depot, 10818, 10821, 10842 and two 111**, suspect related to the Commonwealth Games....

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
That is correct, a lot of the MMCs are going 'on holiday' to Birmingham for the Commonwealth Games this summer.

As cover at Gillmoss a lot of additional Enviro300s have arrived including 27116, 27155, 27156, Gold spec 27256, 27262 & 27272.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(14/07/2022 17:38)buses7675 Wrote:  That is correct, a lot of the MMCs are going 'on holiday' to Birmingham for the Commonwealth Games this summer.

As cover at Gillmoss a lot of additional Enviro300s have arrived including 27116, 27155, 27156, Gold spec 27256, 27262 & 27272.

From a friend who has send a few pics, 10815-10818, 10821-10823, 10842 & 11103-11105 all at Rock Ferry currently.....all without any adverts.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)