Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Railway Related Outings.
Railway Related Outings.
I Thought of this thread as i do a lot of these!ings!
Post here any Railway Trips and out
Today I'll be heading to crewe and winsford to do some Photography!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Railway Related Outings.
When I was in Edinburgh on Saturday May 26th I rode several Lothian buses and also some trains. These were a class 380 from Prestonpans to Edinburgh Waverley, a class 334 onto Bathgate, a refurbished class 334 (020) back to Haymarket and a class 170 to Polmont as my hotel was near there. That morning I rode a refurbished class 323 for the first time, to Manchester Piccadilly to connect with my TransPennine class 185 to Edinburgh.

I shall ride some Underground lines around Harrow as well as buses in 2 weeks time. Then a few trains and the Tyne & Wear Metro in July.
An outing with a difference. On 4th July five of us flew easyJet from Liverpool (0620) to Amsterdam (Return 2155). Our travels took us from Schiphol to Rotterdam, Dordrecht, Eindhoven, Utrecht, Amersfoort, Rotterdam and the last leg was on the Hi Speed line back to Schiphol. Highlights of the day were loco hauled passenger and freight trains with German and Belgian based locos noted.
Last Monday Jim & Me had a 6hr 40 min stay in Glasgow travelling on a pendo from

warrington for the expensive sum of £1 each way + 50P booking fee from stagecoach

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Sounds like a megatrain deal that , Do Virgin still do those mobile based tickets as well ?
(21/07/2012 11:09)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like a megatrain deal that , Do Virgin still do those mobile based tickets as well ?
yes a megatrain deal,unsure about virgin doing mobile tickets,rarely use my mobile,in the
main they are vastly missused

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(25/07/2012 07:57)Penny Return Wrote:  
(21/07/2012 11:09)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like a megatrain deal that , Do Virgin still do those mobile based tickets as well ?
yes a megatrain deal,unsure about virgin doing mobile tickets,rarely use my mobile,in the
main they are vastly missused

Think the phone tickets idea was used mostly on some of the more lightly used Manchester Picc - London Euston service to fill space on there frequent services between the two locations .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)