Current time: 02/12/2020, 22:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
(09/10/2020 07:50)iMarkeh Wrote:  Right now, I fully agree but in time (2+ years), anything is possible. I am not saying it will lead to anything as well, just implying that it could as GoAhead have got form for that sort of thing. Win a few tenders and then sit waiting for that right moment to jump on a commercial routes which is being withdrawn or majorly changed.

Picking up tenders is easy as 30-40% of the fleet is returning to depot for day at 7pm so evening and Sunday tenders are going to be won when they come up but to expand commercially, which they will do, they will need another depot. I think once the issues with drivers conditions are ironed out and the depot is watertight they will look at expanding to a second base but it won’t be until this pandemic is under control and people start using buses again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/10/2020 07:50)iMarkeh Wrote:  Right now, I fully agree but in time (2+ years), anything is possible. I am not saying it will lead to anything as well, just implying that it could as GoAhead have got form for that sort of thing. Win a few tenders and then sit waiting for that right moment to jump on a commercial routes which is being withdrawn or majorly changed.

I personally expect the next (although not in the immediate future) commercial expansion with Go North West will come in the form of acquiring Oldham depot from First. I think that it's the perfect operational fit and would give them a greater area of coverage across Greater Manchester - then there's the additional depot space that'll come with it which will enable Go North West to acquire additional vehicles if required in the future

SK15 GZG
2474 | 2590 | 3056 | 3061 | 4164 | 4593 | 4670 | 4678 | 4836 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
(09/10/2020 15:16)SK15 GZG Wrote:  I personally expect the next (although not in the immediate future) commercial expansion with Go North West will come in the form of acquiring Oldham depot from First. I think that it's the perfect operational fit and would give them a greater area of coverage across Greater Manchester - then there's the additional depot space that'll come with it which will enable Go North West to acquire additional vehicles if required in the future

Oldham would be nice but can’t see it. Lots of suggestions it’s no longer for sale and even bigger suggestions it is/was overpriced. The problem is the current driver condition issues at Queens road has cost GNW a pretty penny and it’s still not resolved. If they buy Oldham they have the same issue all over again with Oldham drivers.

I honestly think GNW will look at setting up an additional depot and registering some existing services commercially such as the 163 and giving diamond a run for their money.
Issues with Oldham is Mumps depot it needs money spending the roof leaks. if GNW wants to expend they could just put a offer to take over HCT Oldham workshop or find yard for the Free buses
Regarding using the HCT Depot in Chadderton/Hollinwood that could be a problem as I've heard a rumour (not sure how true it is) that Diamond have meant to have bought it also for the past couple of weeks when I've been going past on my way to work the yard has been fully empty and the gates closed.
(10/10/2020 05:11)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding using the HCT Depot in Chadderton/Hollinwood that could be a problem as I've heard a rumour (not sure how true it is) that Diamond have meant to have bought it also for the past couple of weeks when I've been going past on my way to work the yard has been fully empty and the gates closed.

They haven’t bought it, it’s not for sale. The site is up for rent.
info about the old MCT base
https://www.novaloca.com/industrial-unit...earch=true

The premises are available by way of sub-lease or assignment. The current lease expires 2nd June 2034.
Does anyone know if the industrial dispute has been resolved yet?
Eclipse 6104 worked the first GNW duty on the 34 this evening.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with new stock for Stagecoach Manchester and Diamond Bus North West & Railway Pictures from 2014 and 2015.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Go North West have posted their summary of services during Christmas and New Year.

Saturday services on Christmas Eve, 29th/30th December and New Years Eve (early finishes on Christmas/New Years Eve), Sunday services on 27th/28th December, special service on Boxing Day, no services on Christmas Day and New Years Day (except FreeBus on NYD).

https://www.gonorthwest.co.uk/news-servi...-new-year/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)