Current time: 19/09/2020, 11:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
(Yesterday 09:55)iMarkeh Wrote:  If you finish your shift, you of course need to get back to the depot. Regardless of where a depot is, drivers kind of need to start and end shifts at the depot and use shuttles. The people who could make use of signing on and off in the depot are those who are never scheduled to take a bus out or take one back (no good parking in town if you start at midday if you then have to take a bus back and somehow get back into town to pick up your car).

What I was saying was on your dedicated meal break, you shouldnt have to return to the depot and should be able to stay in town if you want (some drivers do basic shopping, nip for food or meet up with friends or family while on their break). The issue with doing that now it seems is that drivers only get given details for their first half when they sign on and they have to return to the depot to det details of that second half. This practise costs a lot of money so by having a machine in the city so drivers can collect details for their 2nd half, that would make a huge difference. You don't need a full office though for that.

I know Picc Gardens and those type of terminus have nothing but does Shudehill bus station not have a driver room?

Yes as it a Bus Station but all other points in city centre are stops and only stands are away from Pic Gardens.

And they have to pay to use Shudehill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Go North West
Yes Shudehill does have a drivers room/canteen that they can use and has done for a while now, from what I can gather some duties involve having a driver having a mealbreak at Shudehill rather than going back to depot and coming back out again.

Not to sure how the duties work but think this might be why 33 now terminates at Shudehill rather than Piccadilly as the bus can probably stop out and the driver can use the facilities at Shudehill while on mealbreak.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)