Current time: 25/11/2020, 20:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North West
RE: Go North West
(18/09/2020 09:55)iMarkeh Wrote:  If you finish your shift, you of course need to get back to the depot. Regardless of where a depot is, drivers kind of need to start and end shifts at the depot and use shuttles. The people who could make use of signing on and off in the depot are those who are never scheduled to take a bus out or take one back (no good parking in town if you start at midday if you then have to take a bus back and somehow get back into town to pick up your car).

What I was saying was on your dedicated meal break, you shouldnt have to return to the depot and should be able to stay in town if you want (some drivers do basic shopping, nip for food or meet up with friends or family while on their break). The issue with doing that now it seems is that drivers only get given details for their first half when they sign on and they have to return to the depot to det details of that second half. This practise costs a lot of money so by having a machine in the city so drivers can collect details for their 2nd half, that would make a huge difference. You don't need a full office though for that.

I know Picc Gardens and those type of terminus have nothing but does Shudehill bus station not have a driver room?

Yes as it a Bus Station but all other points in city centre are stops and only stands are away from Pic Gardens.

And they have to pay to use Shudehill
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yes Shudehill does have a drivers room/canteen that they can use and has done for a while now, from what I can gather some duties involve having a driver having a mealbreak at Shudehill rather than going back to depot and coming back out again.

Not to sure how the duties work but think this might be why 33 now terminates at Shudehill rather than Piccadilly as the bus can probably stop out and the driver can use the facilities at Shudehill while on mealbreak.
69197 is the first of the 06-reg B7RLEs to be repainted

Buses2012 on Flickr has confirmed the other 06/56-reg examples are to be repainted on an "as and when" basis

SK15 GZG
2474 | 2590 | 3056 | 3061 | 4164 | 4593 | 4670 | 4678 | 4836 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
The MEN reports on a fire on one of GNWs buses today in Salford, videos online show it to be one of the First livered B7s and unconfirmed reports on Facebook claim its 66922.
Something of note today is that GoNorthWest have won the 34 tender for evening buses so they will now be running to Leigh. A lot of dead millage though it seems as the buses both start in Leigh then 1 finishes there too (other finishes at Worsley which isn't bad). It'll be interesting to see them in new territory. and hopefully it will help their 33 service with weeklies being more use.

GNW also have won Mon-Sat evenings on the 95 using 1 bus.
(07/10/2020 16:46)iMarkeh Wrote:  Something of note today is that GoNorthWest have won the 34 tender for evening buses so they will now be running to Leigh. A lot of dead millage though it seems as the buses both start in Leigh then 1 finishes there too (other finishes at Worsley which isn't bad). It'll be interesting to see them in new territory. and hopefully it will help their 33 service with weeklies being more use.

95’s on Sunday also been won although All will be running full route to bury and not terminating at Whitefield.
Rainbow RE: Go North West
(07/10/2020 16:46)iMarkeh Wrote:  Something of note today is that GoNorthWest have won the 34 tender for evening buses so they will now be running to Leigh. A lot of dead millage though it seems as the buses both start in Leigh then 1 finishes there too (other finishes at Worsley which isn't bad). It'll be interesting to see them in new territory. and hopefully it will help their 33 service with weeklies being more use.

Good to hear that Go North West are looking at expansion onto their commercial network.

You mention that dead Millage to/from Leigh, could be extensive, however this could easily be dealt with running to Leigh from the back of a Eccles/Trafford Centre or Warrington terminator. Looking at the timetable the last arrival into Leigh now returns to Manchester City Centre
(08/10/2020 01:35)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Good to hear that Go North West are looking at expansion onto their commercial network.
Not really expanding on the commercial network as it's tenders. There is potential for commercial expansion though if they have the resources.

(08/10/2020 01:35)Nwales Bus Wrote:  You mention that dead Millage to/from Leigh, could be extensive, however this could easily be dealt with running to Leigh from the back of a Eccles/Trafford Centre or Warrington terminator. Looking at the timetable the last arrival into Leigh now returns to Manchester City Centre
I'm sure the timetables got updated so perhaps an extra trip was added in as when the link first went live as you say there is now a later trip on the 34 back to Manchester and the 95 timetable has loads of '1's on the tendered trips and it was more of an operational than public facing timetable.

As for dead millage, I can see a few potential candidates including a 52 which appears to finish at Eccles around 18.30-18.45. For the later trip there is a 33 which looks to finish at Worsley at 19:34. We will have to wait and see but based off your suggestion, i looked into it and it's not as much dead millage as I thought it was.
(08/10/2020 03:11)iMarkeh Wrote:  Not really expanding on the commercial network as it's tenders. There is potential for commercial expansion though if they have the resources.

I'm sure the timetables got updated so perhaps an extra trip was added in as when the link first went live as you say there is now a later trip on the 34 back to Manchester and the 95 timetable has loads of '1's on the tendered trips and it was more of an operational than public facing timetable.

As for dead millage, I can see a few potential candidates including a 52 which appears to finish at Eccles around 18.30-18.45. For the later trip there is a 33 which looks to finish at Worsley at 19:34. We will have to wait and see but based off your suggestion, i looked into it and it's not as much dead millage as I thought it was.

I think any commercial expansion would be limited at the moment as the depot is full to bursting point, any expansion would need additional buses and obviously space to store them.

As for the 34, I can’t see it running off anything as potentially you risk the tender running late or being dropped because the service it runs off is delayed.
(08/10/2020 22:26)Mayneway Wrote:  I think any commercial expansion would be limited at the moment as the depot is full to bursting point, any expansion would need additional buses and obviously space to store them.
Right now, I fully agree but in time (2+ years), anything is possible. I am not saying it will lead to anything as well, just implying that it could as GoAhead have got form for that sort of thing. Win a few tenders and then sit waiting for that right moment to jump on a commercial routes which is being withdrawn or majorly changed.

User(s) browsing this thread: acocker96, joe_alker, Manc93, Mcr531, 1 Guest(s)