Current time: 21/05/2024, 13:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Remaining Independents in Merseyside
RE: Remaining Independents in Merseyside
(25/02/2019 09:00)Barney Wrote:  That is not beyond the realms of possibility as HTL is a mini/midibus operation mainly relying on tendered services. Should either Arriva or Stagecoach buy out HTL, Merseytravel would be over a barrel when it comes to renewing contracts.

As for Glenvale's demise, I know one of the financial backers of that company and he assured me that the cost of replacing an ageing fleet, upgrading depot facilities and tackling fare evasion was beyond him.

When i worked at supertravel , I was talking to the owner who was telling me he had the funds in place from a financial backer for him to put a bid in for GTL but the thing that put him off after looking into it was as you say
1. Ageing fleet upgrade
2. Facilities upgrade
3. Fare evasion
As he stated to me it would of cost him millions and the financial backing was only in place for him to buy GTL and not upgrade the company so any upgrades would have to come from revenue etc.
At first I thought he was pulling my leg but he was being serious about putting a bid in for it just before they got a bid from GO-AHEAD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remaining Independents in Merseyside - motormayhem1 - 25/02/2019 11:41

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)