Current time: 18/04/2024, 16:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Vision Bus
RE: Vision Bus
(19/02/2021 14:12)darylyates17 Wrote:  Stockports service has also been dropped only the Free Bus routes at Queens Road remain

Thought that would be the case. When was Stockports service withdrawn?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/02/2021 17:18)Transport Couple Wrote:  Thought that would be the case. When was Stockports service withdrawn?

It was withdrawn in April 2019
(19/02/2021 14:12)darylyates17 Wrote:  Stockports service has also been dropped only the Free Bus routes at Queens Road remain

To be fair the Stockport service was well used and at times was extremely busy even though most of the areas it served were also served by other services.
The reason it was dropped was more political let’s say. It was funded partly by TFGM, partly by Stockport council but a big chunk of the funding came from local retailers on the town centre. Some of the smaller retailers no longer wanted to contribute so Tesco stepped in and offered to pay the difference...... but only if the service no longer served the Sainsbury’s and Asda also in the town centre, effectively becoming a shuttle from the bus and train station direct to Tesco. In the end the council decided to axe it but it certainly wasn’t axed due to not being used.
(21/12/2020 22:38)AlexBus12 Wrote:  Enviro 200s YY64GWA and YY64GWC have joined the fleet.

GWC was parked in Bury bus station on Friday lunchtime with no legals. Worrying to think it’s potentially been with the company all this time and they haven’t bothered to put some legals on the nearside or even something temporary in the window.

TFGM hybrid KCZ failed today in Bury and was recovered by MBS on behalf of optare.
(20/02/2021 02:19)Mayneway Wrote:  GWC was parked in Bury bus station on Friday lunchtime with no legals. Worrying to think it’s potentially been with the company all this time and they haven’t bothered to put some legals on the nearside or even something temporary in the window.

Both GWC and GWA have had legal address details in the windows since they first arrived at the depot. I was having a cigarette next to one of them when the legals and Ops discs were put on.
The trouble with paper labels inside the window is that they fall off at the first hint of condensation, or get torn off by passengers putting luggage on the parcel shelf.
(10/03/2021 14:44)60301 Wrote:  Both GWC and GWA have had legal address details in the windows since they first arrived at the depot. I was having a cigarette next to one of them when the legals and Ops discs were put on.

Well it wasn’t there the day I was parked next to it, but I have noticed since posting my comment they all seem to have had paper legals stuck in the window next to the door. Suppose it’s better than nothing.
(10/03/2021 14:59)mikestone Wrote:  The trouble with paper labels inside the window is that they fall off at the first hint of condensation, or get torn off by passengers putting luggage on the parcel shelf.
Last week I had a company that just got a ex London bus from arriva and was put out as Stand by on Rail replacement the next weekend. I pulled the owner and got some paper out and got owner to make a temp paper sign and did a check for Op Disc. Seen same bus week later and someone removed the Sign. Most likely it was the cleaner as they don`t see a legal reason for a bit of paper in the window.
Another License increase for Vision

VISION BUS LTD
Director(s): CHRISTOPHER WILLIAM SMITH
BLACKROD INTERCHANGE, STATION ROAD, BLACKROD, BOLTON, BL6
5JE
Increase at existing operating centre: BLACKROD INTERCHANGE, STATION
ROAD, BLACKROD, BOLTON, BL6 5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 125 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): ANTHONY PARDEN-BELL

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(10/03/2021 21:40)T42 PVM Wrote:  Another License increase for Vision

VISION BUS LTD
Director(s): CHRISTOPHER WILLIAM SMITH
BLACKROD INTERCHANGE, STATION ROAD, BLACKROD, BOLTON, BL6
5JE
Increase at existing operating centre: BLACKROD INTERCHANGE, STATION
ROAD, BLACKROD, BOLTON, BL6 5JE
New authorisation at this operating centre will be: 125 vehicle(s)
Transport Manager(s): ANTHONY PARDEN-BELL

Ready for additional contract gains in April

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)