Current time: 02/05/2024, 04:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre Traffic Issues
RE: Liverpool City Centre Traffic Issues
(16/10/2018 21:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  Something else which has just surprised me is the amount of taxi ranks. I never noticed until I have looked more in depth at maps around Liverpool. Why are there so many taxi ranks? Get rid of these taxi ranks and make bus stops (or make it so that buses can use the streets). Taxis can be a great way for people to get home at night but between 7am and 7pm, there are so many taxi ranks which should be non operational or merged into bus stops so that it is a bus stop 7am-7pm and then a taxi rank from 7pm-7am.

Whenever I go past a taxi rank in the city centre during the day there are usually a number of taxis waiting for a fare. Where would they wait for fares if you changed the taxi ranks into bus stops?

(16/10/2018 21:37)iMarkeh Wrote:  Or, another alternative is build taxi ranks underground. Just go with me on this one, it sounds a little daft but that massive Dawson Street taxi rank, if that went directly under where it is now (With entry/exit through the delivery area), you could fit a good 2-3 bus stop islands or bus stands there. Even if you moved the Queensway Tunnel buses in there, you are looking at 17 buses per hour off Sir Thomas Street and they have layover points (to some extent. depending on how timings all worked) so not only are you removing traffic off Sir Thomas Street but also off Crosshall Street and Dale Street. It's like a win win for everyone. Taxis still get where they need to, more bus stands, less buses on busy roads.

That will never happen. It would cost far too much money and also remove three parking spaces for disabled drivers. Where would you put those?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool City Centre Traffic Issues - SK15 GZG - 16/10/2018 22:47

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)