Current time: 02/05/2024, 02:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre Traffic Issues
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(14/10/2018 16:47)Brickmill Wrote:  I understand your frustration but why do people lump in cyclists and pedestrians together (in political terms)? I think Liverpool city council has plenty of competition in the "most anti-bus" stakes, but in reality cyclists and pedestrians are sworn enemies. Indeed, when I was in Liverpool last week, I noticed it is just as bad as anywhere else for busy pedestrian areas, especially near bus stations/stops, being infested by illegal, dangerous cyclists.
We lump them together because that is actually what the council advertise the schemes as - "big crossings" better for pedestrians as well as pelicans installed on every other junction nowadays! Cycle lanes installed everywhere in town that no one uses plus all around Liverpool over the last 15 years that are impossible for buses to negotiate around - look at the recently done Park Lane!
Next Year They also blocking Princes Road down the middle for a "massive cycle lane and pedestrian boulevard to the park" so the 26/27 have to find alternative routes and The Strand is being narrowed for a cycle lane along its length and pavement cafes around the 3 graces, as is Lime St outside St Georges Hall....no sign of any bus priority being installed anywhere in the schemes. The Lime St blocking is advertised to provide pedestrians leaving the station a far better experience with no pedestrian lights to access the town centre, along with cyclists.
Even Brownlow Hill is getting its bus lanes turned into you guessed it, cycle lanes!
The council want the whole city to cycle everywhere, or walk. In reality only 3% of the city actually cycle so why is so much money still being spent on them
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot - mr t - 14/10/2018 18:53

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)