Current time: 27/04/2024, 00:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool City Centre Traffic Issues
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(14/10/2018 16:54)childwallblues Wrote:  Spot on with your comments Glenn. It does not help with the sighting of the bus stop.
After the stop on Brownlow Hill the next stops on the 79C/D arecurrently on Lime Street and at Queen Square. Soon it will be outside Tesco in Hanover Street. only useful if you are going to Liverpool One and useless for people going to work in the Old Hall Street business quarter. I bet Anderson has a chauffer driven car to get him to/from the Cunard Building or Town Hall. The planners couldn't organise a p*** up in a brewery. They can't even repair a traffic light outside the site of the old Coronation pub on Childwall Valley Road whick I reported seven days ago.

I forgot to mention the awful location of the L One bus station, all the traffic lights that were "upgraded to scoot to ease traffic flows"all way from Queen Square to it that now means The Strand has priority for 90 seconds before the lights changing just like all the ones down Dale St & North John St and buses forced to use North John St both ways instead of Castle St because they dont want buses down it, and of course the most bus unfriendly bus station Queen Square that was built in their wisdom in the 90s to replace the 3 lane Gyratory around there that never had 1 queue and that was with double the number of buses there is now, and of course the perfectly functional Pier Head Bus Station that was huge and knocked down in the 90s so Paul McCartney could do concert at he Pier Head, with no replacement!!! Before any of the schemes were started 10 years ago it only used to actually take 4 minutes to get from Queen Square to the old Paradise St Bus Station, 5 peak times!

Next year the council and Miserytravel are embarking on another CCMS part 3000 To "aid pedestrians and cyclists" only. Victoria St down to 2 lanes with no bus stops, also Anderson doesnt want buses using Crosshall St Dale St or Mann Island so there is layover being built on Victoria St next to the tunnel entrance for all northbound buses to use and terminate at Queen Square. Only the 10A will continue to L One.
Lime St is being blocked in the middle to aid "pedestrian movement" so only able to access Queen Square from London Road ways, then the south buses to use Hanover and L1,. Also no 82D/86D. Lime St from the station to London Road is to be 1 lane each way with a masssive pavement outside St Georges Hall that no one uses, and no space for buses to park or rail reps.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/10/2018 16:47)Brickmill Wrote:  I understand your frustration but why do people lump in cyclists and pedestrians together (in political terms)? I think Liverpool city council has plenty of competition in the "most anti-bus" stakes, but in reality cyclists and pedestrians are sworn enemies. Indeed, when I was in Liverpool last week, I noticed it is just as bad as anywhere else for busy pedestrian areas, especially near bus stations/stops, being infested by illegal, dangerous cyclists.
We lump them together because that is actually what the council advertise the schemes as - "big crossings" better for pedestrians as well as pelicans installed on every other junction nowadays! Cycle lanes installed everywhere in town that no one uses plus all around Liverpool over the last 15 years that are impossible for buses to negotiate around - look at the recently done Park Lane!
Next Year They also blocking Princes Road down the middle for a "massive cycle lane and pedestrian boulevard to the park" so the 26/27 have to find alternative routes and The Strand is being narrowed for a cycle lane along its length and pavement cafes around the 3 graces, as is Lime St outside St Georges Hall....no sign of any bus priority being installed anywhere in the schemes. The Lime St blocking is advertised to provide pedestrians leaving the station a far better experience with no pedestrian lights to access the town centre, along with cyclists.
Even Brownlow Hill is getting its bus lanes turned into you guessed it, cycle lanes!
The council want the whole city to cycle everywhere, or walk. In reality only 3% of the city actually cycle so why is so much money still being spent on them
(13/10/2018 20:56)Barney Wrote:  I thought that as well. How about simply rerouting the 82C and the 86C to operate via Duke Street? It would provide a much quicker service to L1 and also a faster service out of the city centre.

But what about people who don't want to go only to L1? Plenty of passengers want to go to the areas around Lime St. & St. Johns Market and were inconvenienced & annoyed when most 82s were diverted away from that area.
(14/10/2018 18:53)mr t Wrote:  We lump them together because that is actually what the council advertise the schemes as - "big crossings" better for pedestrians as well as pelicans installed on every other junction nowadays! Cycle lanes installed everywhere in town that no one uses plus all around Liverpool over the last 15 years that are impossible for buses to negotiate around - look at the recently done Park Lane!
Next Year They also blocking Princes Road down the middle for a "massive cycle lane and pedestrian boulevard to the park" so the 26/27 have to find alternative routes and The Strand is being narrowed for a cycle lane along its length and pavement cafes around the 3 graces, as is Lime St outside St Georges Hall....no sign of any bus priority being installed anywhere in the schemes. The Lime St blocking is advertised to provide pedestrians leaving the station a far better experience with no pedestrian lights to access the town centre, along with cyclists.
Even Brownlow Hill is getting its bus lanes turned into you guessed it, cycle lanes!
The council want the whole city to cycle everywhere, or walk. In reality only 3% of the city actually cycle so why is so much money still being spent on them
Which is why I said they are lumped together for political reasons. NO Council is doing anything to benefit pedestrians as these lawless cyclists are making it more and more dangerous to walk anywhere
(14/10/2018 19:17)Bevan Price Wrote:  But what about people who don't want to go only to L1? Plenty of passengers want to go to the areas around Lime St. & St. Johns Market and were inconvenienced & annoyed when most 82s were diverted away from that area.

Exactly! The answer from Misertravel/Council is walk or change buses, I think the 75 & 80s are to use Duke st both ways next year. Anyone from the South end wanting to get to Lime St has to get the 79/86s, and to Business district/ Dale St or Queen Square has to get the 10A!
I wish the idiots who want to encourage cycling would first do something to curb the dangerous behaviour of a significant number of cyclists - those who ride on footpaths / pavements, ignore traffic signals & one way signs, and fail to use any lights at night -- they are a menace to pedestrians.

Then I wish that dimwitted council people would recognise that people want buses to serve areas that they want to reach, not be diverted to remote locations, or made painfully slow by road "improvement" schemes, or a surfeit of poorly phased traffic lights. The main consequence of diverting buses away from the best locations & increasing journey times will almost certainly be more people using cars rather than buses.
(14/10/2018 19:31)Bevan Price Wrote:  I wish the idiots who want to encourage cycling would first do something to curb the dangerous behaviour of a significant number of cyclists - those who ride on footpaths / pavements, ignore traffic signals & one way signs, and fail to use any lights at night -- they are a menace to pedestrians.

At risk of going off topic, As a Cyclist myself i agree something needs to be done, In Liverpool Deliver Roo seem to be the worst.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Deliver Roo?? Explain please

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(14/10/2018 22:01)childwallblues Wrote:  Deliver Roo?? Explain please

Deliveroo is a food delivery company
(14/10/2018 22:06)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Deliveroo is a food delivery company
Oneties speak I assume. Who invents these stoopid quotes.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)