Current time: 18/04/2024, 18:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NKD 680
NKD 680
I wish I knew more about this PD2 (L80). I remember seeing it around when I was a kid in the sixties but all I know is that it was one of six (maybe L75-L81) tin-fronts sent to Bond's for a rebuild. Of the six only L80 got a new style of front end. I dont know why or indeed why these vehicles went for rebuild in the first place. Anyone?Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: NKD 680
(14/10/2018 13:07)L80 Wrote:  I wish I knew more about this PD2 (L80). I remember seeing it around when I was a kid in the sixties but all I know is that it was one of six (maybe L75-L81) tin-fronts sent to Bond's for a rebuild. Of the six only L80 got a new style of front end. I dont know why or indeed why these vehicles went for rebuild in the first place. Anyone?Huh

Yes it looked rather odd with that rod on the front,think it was one of the buses painted

into the city circle cream livery,but may be wrong,although no idea what the modification

was for

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(16/10/2018 08:06)Penny Return Wrote:  Yes it looked rather odd with that rod on the front,think it was one of the buses painted

into the city circle cream livery,but may be wrong,although no idea what the modification was for

I too remember seeing L80 in the early 60's. Its flat front end was extremely ugly and reminded me of an MOD Scammell. As for the the unusual pole attached to the front n/s , I can only surmise that it was to support the overhang on the top deck.
Thanks both. The fleet numbers for the City Circle buses doesn't check out with the numbers I found for the Bond converted buses but did apparently include L79. There were 5 so plus 1 (L80) so they would probably be the six in question. It might also explain the modification thing. As I remember the 5 City Circle buses were fitted with luggage racks as well as revised front displays. But why anyone bothered with giving L80 or any other LCPT PD2 a revised front end in 1965 eludes me.m Oh it may have been ugly but I liked it. MOD Scammell thing is spot on.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)