Current time: 30/04/2024, 03:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Today, I ventured out and rode on some buses. The weather was awful for it! Here's what I rode on:

52 (ANW) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Bootle, Stanley Road
Pulsar CX58 FZC (2922)
I really enjoyed this journey! The bus was rattle-free and it sounded fantastic! It was warm on-board and I felt very comfortable. The first driver was fast; luckily, I only had to sample the second (slower) driver for a few stops...!

68 (ANW) - Bootle, Marsh Lane > West Derby, Green Lane
DAF/ALX300 V405 ENC (2405)
This was a surprise! A familiar, decent driver was at the wheel (which was sad - he was a regular 52/52A driver!). The bus was OK, although after gear two, there was an odd engine sound (rather nice, actually!). The seat that I chose was very comfortable and rattles weren't too distracting. I'll have to sample the rest of this batch soon!

12 (ANW) - West Derby, West Derby Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX10 DBY (3053)
I wasn't going to board this, however I was freezing and it was raining badly... I really enjoyed this ride, too! The driver was really fast and the bus was really nice - few rattles, nice engine and very comfortable.

14 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Liverpool, Breck Road
Pulsar 2 MX10 DCU (3058)
I enjoyed this journey, too - although when I boarded, the bare interior wasn't very welcoming. The ride-quality of the bus was awful - rattle, bang, rattle! The driver was really, really fast, though - he used kickdown frequently throughout Liverpool. The engine of this bus was really nice-sounding. Shame about the grim interior and the poor ride-quality.

14 (ANW) - Liverpool, Breck Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWU (3064)
This again! As before, if it wasn't for the poor weather, I would have waited for another bus! The brakes seemed to grind badly today, however the bus was as good as usual (although it rattled more than usual).

13 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > West Derby, West Derby Road
Marshall V658 DVU (7658)
As recommended... Fantastic! The engine was faultless and the bus seemed to be fast off the line (shame the driver wasn't...)! The only thing that massively let this bus down was the window-banging - very violent... Other than that, faultless!

18 (ANW) - West Derby, West Derby Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar CX58 EWR (2902)
Same woman driver as on Pulsar 2 MX09 JHU (2958) yesterday... Another excellent ride! Kickdown every time, although "slow mode" made it VERY slow up hills. I didn't notice any bad rattling on-board.

56 (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Kirkdale, Stanley Road
Marshall V663 DVU (7663)
Another fantastic ride! This bus was very fast off the line, however it rattled a bit. The ride-quality was alright, apart from the rattling - warm and comfortable.

52 (ANW) - Kirkdale, Stanley Road > Bootle Strand Shopping Centre
Pulsar 2 MX59 JJU (3028)
ANOTHER great ride! The driver put his foot down all the way and, despite the bus being in "slow mode", it was fine once it was moving. It barely rattled all the way, for once...!

53A (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre > Netherton, Glovers Lane
Pulsar 2 MX59 JJE (3023)
A very surprising sight - and ANOTHER great ride! Apart from the rattling, this bus was fantastic! It was fast off the line and its' whistly gearbox sounded great! The driver was fast, too. I'll have to try the rest of the ex-Skelmersdale Pulsar 2s soon!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 06/07/2012 17:22
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)