Current time: 30/04/2024, 02:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews
Today, I went out for a few hours to sample some more Darts in Liverpool. Here's what I rode on:

57C (Cumfybus) - Netherton, Glovers Lane > Bootle Bus Station (Vermont Way)
Solo M920 T416 OUB
This bus was very sluggish off the line and the engine didn't sound very good (hyperactive cooling-fan!), however it was quite comfortable and it didn't rattle a lot. The driver was quite fast, too. Not worth my £1.00, though!

53 (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre > Queen Square Bus Station
ALX200 X268 OBN (2268)
This was an excellent ride! The seat that I chose was comfortable and the bus' engine sounded very nice - the driver was fast, too! The bus rattled a bit, however it was very bouncy (quite comforting!).

18 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > West Derby, Muirhead Avenue
Pulsar 2 MX09 JHU (2958)
I enjoyed this ride! The faster-than-usual woman driver used kickdown every time, which sounded boss with the extra-whistly gearbox! I didn't notice many rattles, either. Good bus!

12 (ANW) - West Derby, West Derby Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Marshall V631 DVU (7631)
The driver of this bus was excellent - "Good afternoon!" when I boarded and "Have a nice day!" when I got off! Give him a medal - not many like that these days! He was quite fast, too. The bus was fine! Its' engine sounded nice and it didn't rattle much.

19A (SM&SL) - Queen Square Bus Station > Liverpool, Everton Road
Crusader P812 YCW (33134)
The person talking to the driver ruined this ride! From what I gathered, the bus was quite slow off the line and there was an annoying rattle coming from the back! The interior seemed to be in good condition, though - same with the exterior.

17 (SM&SL) - Liverpool, Everton Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Renown X117 JFV (21123)
A fantastic bus! Really fast off the line and it sounded fantastic! The driver was very fast, too! It didn't rattle too much on-board, as many others of its' type do.

12 (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > West Derby, West Derby Road
Marshall V665 DVU (7665)
Very sluggish, however it barely rattled. It sounded very loud, however the fast driver made it bearable! There was this horrible, sickly burning smell when the bus was in motion. Not one of the best, however I've had worse!

13 (ANW) - West Derby, West Derby Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Marshall V629 DVU (7629)
Horrible bus! It rattled a lot and it featured strange gear-ratios and constant jerking between two and three! It didn't sound very nice, either.

10B (ANW) - Queen Square Bus Station > Liverpool, London Road
Pulsar 2 MX09 JHK (2955)
"Slow". It didn't rattle much, however I never had it for long. Best doing this one again sometime...

15 (ANW) - Liverpool, London Road > Queen Square Bus Station
Pulsar 2 MX61 AWU (3064)
Fine! One of the best of its' age that I've sampled so far. Fast off the line and comfortable!

52A (ANW) - Liverpool, Sir Thomas Street > Bootle Strand Shopping Centre
Pulsar 2 MX09 LYF (2944)
I hate this bus! It rattles violently! It sounds similar to sister-bus MX09 LYH (2946), however it rattles worse and vibrates strangely on the floor! I avoided it this morning for a reason...

55 (ANW) - Bootle Strand Shopping Centre > Netherton, Fleetwoods Lane
Pulsar CX58 FZE (2923)
In a rush... This fantastic bus turned up! The driver was very fast, which, added to the "sensitive kickdown" issue, was fantastic! Its' gearbox is the best that I've encountered on this type! Rattles were to a minimum. And this bus used to be unbearable...!

56 (ANW) - Netherton, Fleetwoods Lane > Netherton, Glovers Lane
Enviro400 MX09 LXH (4426)
A welcome surprise! One of the better ones of its' type that I've rode on. It sounded great and the driver put his foot down all the way! Great way to finish off the day.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Bus days out - SK15 GZG - 01/06/2012, 18:42
RE: Bus-Related Outings & Reviews - M113 YKC - 05/07/2012 18:25
Road Trip - B10B6514 - 30/09/2018, 01:16

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)