Current time: 02/05/2024, 23:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Still 6 Royale bodied Olympians at RF, but none will be out on a Saturday (unless things have gone wrong), as they're for schools contracts.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ahhh, thank you kind Sir :-)
(09/03/2013 17:29)bkp550 Wrote:  
(09/03/2013 00:58)mbonwick Wrote:  Rock Ferry aren't getting any Geminis.

Eclipses 21235/6 should have moved over from Wigan.

21236 is MX05 CKK.
Not sure about 21235 - it is not on my list.
When are these due?

21236 is now at Chester, seen over the pits this morning!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Are there any plans to replace the older R reg buses at Rock Ferry or Chester or has Stagecoach decided to keep using the vehicles for the foreseeable future?

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
(11/03/2013 15:31)First Class Wrote:  Are there any plans to replace the older R reg buses at Rock Ferry or Chester or has Stagecoach decided to keep using the vehicles for the foreseeable future?

a lot of the older buses have been replaced with enviro 200s, and transbus darts,
I guess over time we will see them move on, although it looks as if they are selecting the better ones for repaint. only time will tell!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Meanwhile 25959 (S358 MFP) has been on Blacons 1/1A today, still in First old standard livery.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/03/2013 15:31)First Class Wrote:  Are there any plans to replace the older R reg buses at Rock Ferry or Chester or has Stagecoach decided to keep using the vehicles for the foreseeable future?

Anything R reg will be disposed of; the Scanias of that age will be L113s which Stagecoach want rid of. Similarly, any Olympians etc are also down for replacement with native Stagecoach stock.
(11/03/2013 18:14)mbonwick Wrote:  

Anything R reg will be disposed of; the Scanias of that age will be L113s which Stagecoach want rid of. Similarly, any Olympians etc are also down for replacement with native Stagecoach stock.

Likely to be replaced by more Enviro200s/Enviro300s or Darts?

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
There is no need for more of anything in. The 'old' Scanias (mostly newer than R reg anyway) that are still in service are only repaint floats apparently.

Most of the inherited fleet has already been withdrawn.
An attempt to demystify movements (I know things are slightly different on the ground with buses being painted before some are withdrawn etc):
Assuming a like-for-like replacement number-wise, there was 44 single deck buses acquired from First on old style registration plates, 21 brand new Enviro200's went in plus 9 Dart's from Stagecoach Western, 2 8.9m Enviro200's, 7 B10BLE/Renown's due to move in, plus the 2 B7RLE's from Wigan, so there's effectively 41 replacements for 44 buses. In theory, these last few buses could be covered by Dart's from Gillmoss when they get their new Enviro's at the end of Summer, with the B10BLE/Renown's also possibly replaced by Dart's if it is possible.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)