Current time: 03/05/2024, 13:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(21/09/2020 19:29)gka472l Wrote:  I'm assuming 15535 & 15609 are two of them.

HTH

15610/1 are already here at RF me i can't see anything happening but who knows
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15535 has made it out into service today after transfer from Barnsley over the weekend, seen at Bromborough Cross on the 1 a short while ago, it's about to leave Liverpool on the X1 according to bustimes....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/50...ed-public/

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
From early October, Birkenhead garage has gained the 91 on a Saturday, and the Sunday 129 service.
Also of note, Rock Ferry will be providing extra services on the 699 in Liverpool this weekend
Is it possible that with all the extra services now being operated by rock ferry depot that there will be a requirement for more vehicles and quite likely a bigger premises to use as the depot given the limited space at the current depot.
Also, it feels at the moment like Arriva dont seem interested in all the extra bits on offer at the moment?
(24/09/2020 10:05)gka472l Wrote:  15535 has made it out into service today after transfer from Barnsley over the weekend, seen at Bromborough Cross on the 1 a short while ago, it's about to leave Liverpool on the X1 according to bustimes....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/50...ed-public/

HTH
What a state to send that bus out on what is meant to be a premium route. Buses on the 1/X1 look and feel awful these days. Standards have dropped drastically since it was a QBP. This one isn't as bad as some which you can still see X4 branding on but even so.... Gold is meant to be a premium offering and I have to say, that bus looks like a dodgy independant has just bought it and can't be bothered sorting it out.
Oh how times have changed. Once a route with brand new 65 plate, top of the range buses, slowly run down to buses 6 years older, no branding and half the buses without USB chargers. Shocking to see what Rock Ferry has become over the past few years.

(24/09/2020 22:56)N271CKB Wrote:  From early October, Birkenhead garage has gained the 91 on a Saturday, and the Sunday 129 service.
Also of note, Rock Ferry will be providing extra services on the 699 in Liverpool this weekend
Some nice gains for Stagecoach. I wonder if the 91 will be changed to match the weekday service.

Strange for them to get trips on the 699. Of all routes, I would have expected Arriva to have kept onto the 699 and reduced other areas.

(24/09/2020 23:32)313201 Wrote:  Is it possible that with all the extra services now being operated by rock ferry depot that there will be a requirement for more vehicles and quite likely a bigger premises to use as the depot given the limited space at the current depot.
The 1/X1 is on a reduced frequency at the moment so they have a few spare buses there. Rock Ferry also had quite an extensive school bus network before Selwyns barged in so I get the impression that there was a reduction in buses needed for a good few months and now this is just putting Rock Ferry to capacity. The 91 and 129 can be done with the existing buses. S

(24/09/2020 23:58)N271CKB Wrote:  Also, it feels at the moment like Arriva dont seem interested in all the extra bits on offer at the moment?
I think it's down to bus and driver availability as well as Arriva charge a lot of money for schools (hence you rarely see them win school tenders except in areas which have a lot of need and not enough operators)
(13/09/2020 20:58)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  18382 ex Cumbria trident arrived at Chester depot today. Also believe that 3 MAN versas are arriving to.

Of note, having just seen a pic of it on Facebook, 18382 still carries the green 'Lakes' livery.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(25/09/2020 01:03)iMarkeh Wrote:  What a state to send that bus out on what is meant to be a premium route. Buses on the 1/X1 look and feel awful these days. Standards have dropped drastically since it was a QBP. This one isn't as bad as some which you can still see X4 branding on but even so.... Gold is meant to be a premium offering and I have to say, that bus looks like a dodgy independant has just bought it and can't be bothered sorting it out.
Oh how times have changed. Once a route with brand new 65 plate, top of the range buses, slowly run down to buses 6 years older, no branding and half the buses without USB chargers. Shocking to see what Rock Ferry has become over the past few years.

Some nice gains for Stagecoach. I wonder if the 91 will be changed to match the weekday service.

Strange for them to get trips on the 699. Of all routes, I would have expected Arriva to have kept onto the 699 and reduced other areas.

The 1/X1 is on a reduced frequency at the moment so they have a few spare buses there. Rock Ferry also had quite an extensive school bus network before Selwyns barged in so I get the impression that there was a reduction in buses needed for a good few months and now this is just putting Rock Ferry to capacity. The 91 and 129 can be done with the existing buses. S

I think it's down to bus and driver availability as well as Arriva charge a lot of money for schools (hence you rarely see them win school tenders except in areas which have a lot of need and not enough operators)
The state of the bus is only temporary as presumably it will be repainted into local livery soon as has happened elsewhere with gold buses.
(26/09/2020 08:09)Rodney259 Wrote:  The state of the bus is only temporary as presumably it will be repainted into local livery soon as has happened elsewhere with gold buses.
Don't put money on that. The London buses have been around for 2 years and still aren't all repainted. You have the Gold Scania 400s where you can still see the X4 branding on and no attempt to put 1/X1 branding on. No USBs either on them.
It looks awful. Has only happened in the past few years but when I look now at what Rock Ferry are sending out compared to a few years back (in terms of quality for passengers), it's awful.

(Maintenance wise I can't comment but as a passenger, I can comment on the quality of buses from that perspective)
Stagecoach Gold on the 699 it seems, Scania N230UD/Enviro400 15742 KX61DLE is tracking near Greenbank so appears to be on 699

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)