Current time: 16/04/2024, 23:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Traws Cymru Expansion
RE: Traws Cymru Expansion
New T8 starting on the 23rd January. Linking Corwen, Ruthin, Mold and Chester. Will be operated by M&H Coaches of Trefnant. Existing vehicles from the 1/X1/2 and 55 will be used alongside a couple of extras.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/12/2022 22:11)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote:  New T8 starting on the 23rd January. Linking Corwen, Ruthin, Mold and Chester. Will be operated by M&H Coaches of Trefnant. Existing vehicles from the 1/X1/2 and 55 will be used alongside a couple of extras.

Are these getting kitted out as TrawsCymru vehicles or staying as standard M&H livery?
Find all posts by this user
(30/12/2022 02:54)CX06 BHE Wrote:  Are these getting kitted out as TrawsCymru vehicles or staying as standard M&H livery?

They are to receive the new 'red' variation of the TrawsCymru livery. For further details see my blog at RonsBusesandCaoches.com

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
I thought the Traws Cymru brand was supposed to include high quality interiors, similar to Arriva Sapphire, rather than just branded Solos.
(31/12/2022 11:56)knutstransport Wrote:  I thought the Traws Cymru brand was supposed to include high quality interiors, similar to Arriva Sapphire, rather than just branded Solos.
TrawsCymru aims and the reality of the current network couldn't be more different.

Lloyds and Tanat Valley often run a bit of everything on their TC routes. Richard Bros I believe

First T1 - Traws livery, normal First interior. Almost always a TrawsCymru liveried bus.
Lloyds T2/T3/T12 - Mix of buses in all liveries. Buses in Traws livery tend to have Traws interior though
Stagecoach T4/T14 - With the reduction in the frequency, it's now more Generally the MCV Evoras in Traws livery with TC superior interior. Still generally 1 or 2 bus duties per day where a normal Stagecoach bus runs.
Richard Bros T5/T11 - Complete mix bag. Some normal buses, some in Traws livery but normal interior. sometimes the Metrocities with Traws livery and Traws basic interior.
Adventure T6 - Generally buses in Traws livery with Traws basic interior. Generally early morning and evening trips are ran by buses not in Traws livery.
K&P/Llew Jones T10 - Normally a Traws Cymru bus with Traws Superior spec.
Lloyds/Tanat T12 - Statistically much more likely to have a standard liveried bus than a TrawsCymru one.
Llew Jones T19 - T19 is a mix of everything because they throw you off buses in Llanwrst and swap everything over randomly. I'd say more often a Llew Jones bus than a Traws one but that includes the posher Roseroso Connect thing which is quite nice.

Overall, only 2 routes really have the higher spec Traws Cymru and that is the T4 and T10. To find a bus in TrawsCymru livery though, I would say network wide, it's around 50% chance of it being a TrawsCymru liveried bus.

To clarify what I mean by Traws basic and traws superior livery. Traws basic I mean the normal seats but they are in the TrawsCymru colour with some branding inside. the Traws Superior livery has the high backed, posher seats I think they are Lazzerini Transito. Same ones that Stagecoach got for the new Gold spec on the 471/472
Really hope the T8 is timed so you can make connections with the T10.
T8 timetable has been published, & yes every other hour it connects with the T3 & T10 in Corwen

T8 timetable
http://www.mandhcoaches.co.uk/timetables...%20FB.jpeg

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Seems the Metrocities, previously used on the T12, are being sold by Transport for Wales: https://the-bus-shop.co.uk/buses-coaches...sed-buses/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)