Current time: 23/04/2024, 22:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transport for Wales Rail
RE: Transport for Wales Rail
While looking at trackit to see if the two late trains from Crewe actually ran last night (no sign that they did), noticed the 197 worked 21.45 Llandudno-Chester was at Flint 2302-10 and its other half left Chester at 23.10 for Crewe - hopefully during the time it was at Flint they established there was no one to connect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/11/2022 21:24)mikestone Wrote:  While looking at trackit to see if the two late trains from Crewe actually ran last night (no sign that they did), noticed the 197 worked 21.45 Llandudno-Chester was at Flint 2302-10 and its other half left Chester at 23.10 for Crewe - hopefully during the time it was at Flint they established there was no one to connect.

According to RTT 1T21 arrived Chester on time and connected ok with 1K21.

1T21 is currently booked 197 as this is the unit that works the Blaenau branch all day returning back to Chester.
I posted on Thursday when "last night" was Wednesday 16th.
;
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service...allox_id=0
;
No 197 on the Blaneau branch yesterday. The service was worked by 150278.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
No 197 again yesterday on the Conwy Valley 150227 was on the service. But 197011 is back today.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
The future of the class 230s must be in doubt with Vivarail filing for administration.
They were meant to go on the Conwy Valley line, but have since been operated by 197s as well as the usual 150s.
They were supposed to work on the Wrexham to Bidston line, but apart from the occasional test trains, have not seen much action, just stabled on Birkenhead North
I thought working the Conwy Valley was no longer intended with the proposed half-hourly Bidston service, although diagrams from FOI suggest two 197s and two 230s - of course its not happening but they seem to have forgotten to knock out the 18.42 from Wrexham.
;
pdf timetables on their website seem to reflect exactly what's in RTT, and presumably industry systems, including first class and dining all week on the Manchester's that are only hauled on Saturdays, and the three trains into Treherbert seemingly materialising in the bay at Pontypridd!
(26/11/2022 16:47)mikestone Wrote:  I thought working the Conwy Valley was no longer intended with the proposed half-hourly Bidston service, although diagrams from FOI suggest two 197s and two 230s - of course its not happening but they seem to have forgotten to knock out the 18.42 from Wrexham.

TfW Rail do not have approved rights for the changes on Wrexham to Bidston. Their application to Network Rail for 2tph using 230s was rejected as GBRf applied for freight paths on the same route and both applications weren't compatible.

The latest TfW Rail document states using the paths Network Rail can approve and allowing for them not being able to stable a unit at Bidston, they cannot run a half-hourly service at peak times, which makes any service enhancement pointless.

https://www.orr.gov.uk/sites/default/fil...2-06-0.pdf

Whether they'll apply to use 230s on an hourly service separately is another question. As 230s aren't 75mph DMUs and will have different track access charges, I presume Network Rail will need to approve the change. In the past Network Rail rejected an application for 158s to be used on the route.
(27/11/2022 17:33)knutstransport Wrote:  TfW Rail do not have approved rights for the changes on Wrexham to Bidston. Their application to Network Rail for 2tph using 230s was rejected as GBRf applied for freight paths on the same route and both applications weren't compatible.

The latest TfW Rail document states using the paths Network Rail can approve and allowing for them not being able to stable a unit at Bidston, they cannot run a half-hourly service at peak times, which makes any service enhancement pointless.

https://www.orr.gov.uk/sites/default/fil...2-06-0.pdf

Whether they'll apply to use 230s on an hourly service separately is another question. As 230s aren't 75mph DMUs and will have different track access charges, I presume Network Rail will need to approve the change. In the past Network Rail rejected an application for 158s to be used on the route.
Given the Vivarail pending administration, I think it remains to be seen whether the 230s will be kept if they can't be maintained.
Thinks TfW will be looking closely at Vivarail present difficulties closely to see the implications for services on the Bidston - Wrexham line .

I think the long signalling section on the mid wirral line does cause a few problems in upping the frequency .

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)