Current time: 08/05/2024, 20:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nexus Move Ltd
Nexus Move Ltd
I'm not sure if Nexus Move Ltd have a different operating name but they've registered a Hail & Ride service in the Saddleworth area

PC0004977/4 Registered
NEXUS MOVE LTD
Route: Chapel Road, Greenfield, Oldham to Denshaw Bus Terminus, Denshaw, Oldham via Uppermill, Diggle, Dobcross, Delph
Service number: 356
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 09 Apr 2018
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Nexus Move Ltd
(09/02/2018 11:01)knutstransport Wrote:  I'm not sure if Nexus Move Ltd have a different operating name but they've registered a Hail & Ride service in the Saddleworth area

PC0004977/4 Registered
NEXUS MOVE LTD
Route: Chapel Road, Greenfield, Oldham to Denshaw Bus Terminus, Denshaw, Oldham via Uppermill, Diggle, Dobcross, Delph
Service number: 356
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 09 Apr 2018

I spotted that a few days ago, looking at Companies house they seem to be a Taxi company that has done some Local Link contract work for Transport for Greater Manchester in the past, with TfGM referring to them as "Nexus" which originally when I saw it confused me for obvious reasons.
T/A Eco travel.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Nexus began operating the 353/354 on Monday following the tender loss by First.
Buses GX55DXM and GX06DYG turned up on Monday in a somewhat modified Stagecoach livery - which quickly attracted the attention of the Stagecoach inspector at Ashton. I believe his argument was that from the front both buses looked like stagecoach buses. The buses are generally scruffy with parts of the exterior patched up with gaffa tape.
On Wednesday morning one of Solos broke down in Stalybridge in service and after several hours dumped at the side of the road was recovered and towed away. YK07BFV turned up as it’s replacement looking slightly smarter in a plain white livery, however it operated on Wednesday devoid of a ticket machine - not sure how they managed.

A quality operator I’m sure you will agree
(04/05/2019 01:40)Mayneway Wrote:  Nexus began operating the 353/354 on Monday following the tender loss by First.
Buses GX55DXM and GX06DYG turned up on Monday in a somewhat modified Stagecoach livery - which quickly attracted the attention of the Stagecoach inspector at Ashton. I believe his argument was that from the front both buses looked like stagecoach buses. The buses are generally scruffy with parts of the exterior patched up with gaffa tape.
On Wednesday morning one of Solos broke down in Stalybridge in service and after several hours dumped at the side of the road was recovered and towed away. YK07BFV turned up as it’s replacement looking slightly smarter in a plain white livery, however it operated on Wednesday devoid of a ticket machine - not sure how they managed.

A quality operator I’m sure you will agree

Can I see another UK North happening again here or will Rotala or Stgaecoach end up with them.
(05/05/2019 02:05)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Can I see another UK North happening again here or will Rotala or Stgaecoach end up with them.

I would imagine the tender will end up with either stagecoach or mct
Why does not an operator using not properly debranded Stagecoach vehicles remind me of that operator who were using an ex-Stagecoach Cumbria vehicle with a Laurel & Hardy saying "Another Fine Mess", which was involved in a serious crash.
(05/05/2019 12:39)Mayneway Wrote:  I would imagine the tender will end up with either stagecoach or mct

Only if they are persistent ly reported. State of the buses. should be reported by TFGM Bus Station staff but not using a ticket machine is more serious and might indicate Fraud.
(05/05/2019 14:00)Brickmill Wrote:  Only if they are persistent ly reported. State of the buses. should be reported by TFGM Bus Station staff but not using a ticket machine is more serious and might indicate Fraud.

Surely if there isn't a working machine running a service without one is better than no service at all (presuming either no fares are taken or any fares taken are recorded correctly.)
(05/05/2019 14:00)Brickmill Wrote:  Only if they are persistent ly reported. State of the buses. should be reported by TFGM Bus Station staff but not using a ticket machine is more serious and might indicate Fraud.

Well considering the majority of the users are OAP’s surly not being able to prove what’s been scanned, ie with credible ticket machine data surly they can’t claim any concessionairy reimbursement so why run trips with no ticket machine when the people your carrying are having a free ride.

The issue with the buses is slightly more serious in that from the front approaching stops the buses look like stagecoach and I wouldn’t think Stagecoach would want any link with these.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)