Current time: 18/04/2024, 23:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MP Travel
RE: MP Travel
(14/09/2021 07:25)Busway_Bob Wrote:  F18 HOW is working the X1 today (Volvo B10BLE Alexander ALX300) ,,, Im guessing TX21 ONE has failed

Posted online it has a flat tyre.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/09/2021 07:41)thomasl1231 Wrote:  Posted online it has a flat tyre.

When? or so whats working it

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(14/09/2021 07:49)Busway_Bob Wrote:  When? or so whats working it

This morning on their Twitter page at 07:23AM
(14/09/2021 08:06)thomasl1231 Wrote:  This morning on their Twitter page at 07:23AM

ok thankyou

Formally Bobbi_1042_Runcorn
This evening's Helsby to Ellesmere Port train service is cancelled with MP down to do the RRB.
Just seen on Twitter a reply to a tweet from MP Travel confirming that their X1 is coming to an end

Quote: Hi Tracey, regretably, yes this is correct, it is for a number of reasons, mainly due to the lack of drivers in this industry. We have now lost the CBSSG which was funding in order to help meet costs, and due to the high amount of anti-social behaviour in the Runcorn area.

Will be interesting to see if any operators will pick the service up.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(20/09/2021 21:19)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Just seen on Twitter a reply to a tweet from MP Travel confirming that their X1 is coming to an end

I believe Warrington previously showed interest in the X1 - could be interesting if the X1 were combined with Warrington's 62 between Warrington and Murdishaw to create a Warrington to Liverpool service, as Arriva already have the 62 route covered between Murdishaw and Halebank - no idea if that's viable, but just my two cents.
(21/09/2021 07:47)Valandil Wrote:  I believe Warrington previously showed interest in the X1 - could be interesting if the X1 were combined with Warrington's 62 between Warrington and Murdishaw to create a Warrington to Liverpool service, as Arriva already have the 62 route covered between Murdishaw and Halebank - no idea if that's viable, but just my two cents.

WOB won the Tender for the X1 but MP Travel made the Service Commercial, I think its unlikely WOB would run it on a Commercial Basis more so currently where they are dropping service work a lot due to not enough Drivers

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
As well as not being able to magic drivers out of thin air you also can't magic passengers up either, at big operators they can sub non-profitable routes through other profitable routes etc but at small operators like this it isn't as easy as that unfortunately
(20/09/2021 21:19)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Just seen on Twitter a reply to a tweet from MP Travel confirming that their X1 is coming to an end

What exactly is the ASB being referred to? A bus operator isn't going to want to send their buses to an area where they are going to get things thrown at their vehicles, while if it's abusive passengers then they aren't going to want to serve the roads the problem passengers board and alight.

MP have got two almost new buses branded for the X1, I'm sure it's not economical for them to only occasionally use them for RRB or similar work. Howards put their Metrocity up for sale, once they no longer had the 289 contract to fund it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)