Current time: 26/04/2024, 15:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MP Travel
RE: MP Travel
(15/06/2021 18:58)NathanR Wrote:  Noticed whilst waiting in Liverpool ONE Bus Station earlier today that MP20 BUS had a notice in the window saying 'Arriva tickets no longer accepted on this service', does anybody know when Arriva tickets were discontinued for the X1 or is this a recent change? Haven't seen it on any other buses in the fleet. Information is appreciated.

Arriva Tickets we’re no longer accepted since MP Travel took the service on themselves back in January
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/06/2021 19:02)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Arriva Tickets we’re no longer accepted since MP Travel took the service on themselves back in January

Thanks for that, I wasn't personally sure if it was a recent change as I didn't really see much of the MP fleet out during the lockdown earlier this year.
(15/06/2021 18:58)NathanR Wrote:  Noticed whilst waiting in Liverpool ONE Bus Station earlier today that MP20 BUS had a notice in the window saying 'Arriva tickets no longer accepted on this service', does anybody know when Arriva tickets were discontinued for the X1 or is this a recent change? Haven't seen it on any other buses in the fleet. Information is appreciated.

Due to MPT’s operation of the service obviously commencing under contract to Arriva, I think passengers just became accustomed to the fact Arriva tickets were accepted. The transition from an Arriva contract to a commercial service saw no real difference for customers as on the face of it nothing really changed. Some may have not used the service since before December due to the second wave and lockdown etc, bearing in mind it only became commercial in the midst of the lockdown on 24th Jan and so acceptance only stopped then.

Obviously as they’ve started using the service again as we come out of restrictions, they’ve learnt the ‘hard way’ that Arriva tickets are no longer accepted so must have prompted the company to remind of this change.
W17MPT Commuter and MP11GEM Gemini currently on loan to Stagecoach Manchester for school work.
T728OEF in its Classic Stagecoach Livery is also in Manchester on School Journeys
Is anyone able to confirm whether K31 DAF (YG52 CEN) has been reregistered MP02 MPT please?
(01/07/2021 16:17)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Is anyone able to confirm whether K31 DAF (YG52 CEN) has been reregistered MP02 MPT please?

No it hasn't that is privately owned vehicle, there is no such bus as MP02MPT, there is MP02GEM... if this is on bustimes it is probably had the reg entered in wrong on the machine.
(02/07/2021 07:47)thomasl1231 Wrote:  No it hasn't that is privately owned vehicle, there is no such bus as MP02MPT, there is MP02GEM... if this is on bustimes it is probably had the reg entered in wrong on the machine.

Ah right yeah I was looking on bustimes and thought it to be odd given it was only recently reregistered.
EX21 ONE is tracking on Chester to Stockport rail replacement services today. So first time in a long time a Crossville livered bus has picked up passengers in Northwich, Knutsford & Altrincham.

I don't think the engineering works (for the next 3 Sundays) have been well planned as 25 July is one of the RHS Tatton Show dates. I don't know what the plan is for that Sunday or who's going to be running the services but I hope there's either full size coaches, deckers or dupes running down for that day.
(11/07/2021 14:48)knutstransport Wrote:  EX21 ONE is tracking on Chester to Stockport rail replacement services today. So first time in a long time a Crossville livered bus has picked up passengers in Northwich, Knutsford & Altrincham.

I don't think the engineering works (for the next 3 Sundays) have been well planned as 25 July is one of the RHS Tatton Show dates. I don't know what the plan is for that Sunday or who's going to be running the services but I hope there's either full size coaches, deckers or dupes running down for that day.

There are usually special coaches laid on from Altrincham for the show. Swan's have provided them in previous years.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)