Current time: 28/03/2024, 20:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Worst and Best Current Local Bus Livery
Worst and Best Current Local Bus Livery
My Worst Current Livery is Happy Als, mainly as half their buses simply have not even been painted yet and their Maroon colour IMO looks horrible, dark and dingy

Best Livery goes to ANW new interburban, looks smart newly painted professional and clean.

Cool Life is for living !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Worst and Best Current Local Bus Livery
Some of our Marshalls (along with the 2 Cadets) in Interurban are already looking grotty with flaking paint here in St Helens! I'd like to see what the Interurban livery would look like with a more prominent Arriva livery on the side too, actually.

Anyway! My least favourite livery would have to be the red variant of Ace Travel; it's just too garish and boring for me. Whilst the white on the Enviros is also very simplistic and bare, it's nicer to look at. My favourite would have to be that of coach operator G. Ashton's of St Helens; such a classic and elegant livery! Absolutely beautiful!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
best livery south lancs travel
worst livery halton transport

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/06/2012 21:41)Its a hobby Wrote:  Best Livery goes to ANW new interburban, looks smart newly painted professional and clean.
I agree with that! It seems to suit every bus (apart from an Enviro200!). When clean, the livery looks spotless and well-presented. When it's dirty though, it doesn't show up dramatically. It looks modern and stylish too - far better than their older one in my opinion.

Another livery I quite like is Avon Buses' cream and blue. Whilst it's on probably the commonest template ever, it looks modern and nice - although when dirty, it looks nasty!

I dislike Impera's livery. Whilst it's nice for such an independent to have a livery (credit to them for that), I think that it looks quite tacky and ugly and that their buses suit being plain white with their logos placed around the bus!

I also quite dislike First's older livery. It looks fantastic on a brand-new bus, or even nice on an older, freshly-repainted bus; after a while, however, it starts to look cheap and nasty. They have a bad habit of branding buses and leaving them branded, despite half of the branding not being there - very unprofessional (in-fact on the subject of branding, it doesn't appear work in most cases...)! As for their newer livery - it's horrible! It makes no sense whatsoever! It evidently shows that they're desperate...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/06/2012 21:55)27701 Wrote:  
(06/06/2012 21:41)Its a hobby Wrote:  Best Livery goes to ANW new interburban, looks smart newly painted professional and clean.
I agree with that! It seems to suit every bus (apart from an Enviro200!). When clean, the livery looks spotless and well-presented. When it's dirty though, it doesn't show up dramatically. It looks modern and stylish too - far better than their older one in my opinion.

Another livery I quite like is Avon Buses' cream and blue. Whilst it's on probably the commonest template ever, it looks modern and nice - although when dirty, it looks nasty!

I dislike Impera's livery. Whilst it's nice for such an independent to have a livery (credit to them for that), I think that it looks quite tacky and ugly and that their buses suit being plain white with their logos placed around the bus!

I also quite dislike First's older livery. It looks fantastic on a brand-new bus, or even nice on an older, freshly-repainted bus; after a while, however, it starts to look cheap and nasty. They have a bad habit of branding buses and leaving them branded, despite half of the branding not being there - very unprofessional (in-fact on the subject of branding, it doesn't appear work in most cases...)! As for their newer livery - it's horrible! It makes no sense whatsoever! It evidently shows that they're desperate...

Some good points well made

Best livery IMO has to be Howard Travel. Its bright and eye catching and sits well on the vast majority of any type of body. I also love Peoplesbus' new livery.
Worst livery has to be Stagecoach, mainly because half of their bloody fleet is in undercoat :P I dont like ACE Travels red livery either, just boring! Dont like First's livery either!
K853 MTJ I have not seen Howard Travel livery do you have any pics or know where these are located?

In contrast I like Stagecoach and First (new) as they are distinctive and more than one colour. HTL, cumfy bus and ACE (both White and Red) are plain, boring and unimaginative. In fact the new buses at Ace just have the name stickers applied and legal..... hardly out of the way is it? Same with HTL and Cumy but at least they spray their buses a colour.
(06/06/2012 22:14)Its a hobby Wrote:  K853 MTJ I have not seen Howard Travel livery do you have any pics or know where these are located?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/j-s-p/6318922634/ Smile
Mainly around Warrington on schools mate, but they get in Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and surrounding areas on Rail Replacements Smile
First just need to start again. Barbie 1 and 2 are both awful and the new livery is no better.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)