Current time: 25/04/2024, 05:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Worst and Best Current Local Bus Livery
RE: Worst and Best Current Local Bus Livery
I always liked the original FirstGroup livery personally - When clean it looks very good and the bonded glass invariably used by FirstGroup (while not the livery) means you get a nice continual band along the side of the buses, rather than bands of white paint between the windows! I do also like the curent Stagecoach livery, both versions of Arriva and classic liveries such as MTL, albeit with all the grey/red/blue stripes as it was when new!

With plain liveries like HTL and Cumfybus, I imagine part of that is to do with ease of repair of the livery, so any panel can be repainted the one colour while liveries like Halton Transport, Avon Buse and MTL back in the day tended to have a similar idea, but where any one panel was one single colour, so again panel repainting after replacement after any accident was quicker such that the buses spent less time off the road.

The white buses used at the likes of Eazibus, Ace Travel and HTL Buses are quite possibly due to how they are purchased/leased. In HTL's case, its white buses are all on short term lease (even if some have been here nearly a year now!) while those at Eazibus and Ace while they are their own buses if they were bought on hire/purchase it could be a condition that if they are returned they would need to be repainted white again so it is simpler just to leave them white the entire time. Again this does also mean and repainting of panels after replacement is quick and easy as they just go in the one colour!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
My favourite livery at the moment is Arriva's interurban. It sits well on any bus type and makes and bus look brand new - particularly Wright bodied buses. It sits extremely well on Pulsar 2s and Gemini 2s which in my opinion are the best looking buses in service with Arriva North West.

A close second for me is Peoplesbus' new livery which I think is excellent - I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the fleet in the new livery.

Other liveries I like are Stagecoach and Halton Transport.

I'm not a big fan of the Cumfybus or red ACE livery.
yes i have to agree with you about the Gemini 2s,would love to see one in the old

verona green & cream of the corpy with coat of arms but it will never happen

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
People keep saying that the new arriva livery is better, well yes but it depends on where you are. In the north west i think they look good but it is pretty dark and miserable to be honest. stagecoach's livery suits every bus they have, its more or less white with orange and blue stripes but i do like there creative liverys which they seem to have, for example the humber flyer. As a First fan i have to admit the old barbie livery is a bit like the new arriva one, dark, miserable and frankly horrible. I feel that the new silver and pink livery is better than the arriva livery. Its light, eyecatching and looks great on every bus. The worst livery has to be the old arriva livery and best has to be either stagecoach or first.

Follow me on Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/people/135528304@N03/
(07/06/2012 17:55)clarkethomas94 Wrote:  stagecoach's livery suits every bus they have, its more or less white with orange and blue stripes but i do like there creative liverys which they seem to have, for example the humber flyer.

I completely agree with you there on the Stagecoach livery - in my opinion it's one of those liveries which suits any bus type. I think it looks excellent on the Enviro300 and Enviro400s in particular
The 'full' Stagecoach livery suits the single deck Enviros too, its odd that the livery is different for the Enviro200/300 and Optare Versas really!

An example of an Enviro200 in the 'full' Stagecoach livery can be seen here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/focus_on_fl...545880633/ © focustransport Gallery

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(07/06/2012 18:40)buses7675 Wrote:  The 'full' Stagecoach livery suits the single deck Enviros too, its odd that the livery is different for the Enviro200/300 and Optare Versas really!

Thats how it should look on all single deck Enviros IMO, it looks so much better
(07/06/2012 18:40)buses7675 Wrote:  The 'full' Stagecoach livery suits the single deck Enviros too, its odd that the livery is different for the Enviro200/300 and Optare Versas really!

That Enviro200 looks absolutely fantastic; it really does suit the body! I really like SM&SL's Enviro300 livery too though. Stagecoach really do seem to work wonders on their buses...

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
In Merseyside Stagecoach is a definite favourite of mine... I prefer the standard one on the Enviro 300s and 400s to the green hybrid livery but that one aint half bad either Wink

Going further afield, the "36 City Connect" livery from Transdev - Harrogate and District is possibly my favourite throughout the country - http://www.flickr.com/photos/23137045@N00/6079929117/ (Credit Gary Steel (Garrietta)) Smile

PO61 NTU (27777)

SM&SL: PO61NTU(27777) | PX09AXA(15471) | NXI327(17331) | PO11BCX(27718) | PO59MXL(24178)
Arriva NW: MX09LXM(4430) | MX61AWY(3067) | CX58EUR(2674) | MX61AKY(4474) | MX59JYY(2984) | CX58FZM(4400)
Arriva Wales: CX57BZO(2799) | CX54EPK(2505) | CX09BFY(687) | CX07COJ(2620) | CX61CDY(4488)
Other: YN05WKH | YJ11EKN | YJ12GXA | DK60AHN | X1BUS

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
One of the best for me has to be the Citylink Gold livery up in Scotland, it just oozes class.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)