Current time: 18/04/2024, 02:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lost Liveries
RE: Lost liveries
yes - actually it was that picture that reminded me of the NWVRT open day and got me thinking about this.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I miss the Yorkshire rider and the Gold rider coach liverys then had one double deck coached seat one 5511 C511 KBT was in White rode Express blue/white livery
RE: Lost Liveries
East Kent Red & Cream was always nice.
West Midlands Travel Cream/Blue and Silver-Grey/Blue/Red looked quite nice. Never really thought the Travel West Midlands livery and logos were quite as good IMHO.
(06/06/2012 21:41)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(06/06/2012 21:29)Its a hobby Wrote:  I really miss Red Rider bright red and yellow, really stood out and also Crosville National Racing Green and White

Crosville NBC livery was Leaf Green not Racing Green, think the post 86 livery was Dark Green[i'm not sure of the shade but was not Racing Green] & Cream

Does anyone remember the experimental 1986 Crosville livery of orange and dark green. Didn't quite work and was not really fond of the retro lynx/CROSVILLE logos either. The 1989 Drawlane style of mainly cream and green/red relief was very nice but didn't last long as Midland Red North, North Western and PMT took over the Crosville operations in England post 1990.
yes I agree, as I posted a while back the orange,green didn't work for me. The cream/green was much better
(03/07/2012 19:46)Gillmoss 0324 Wrote:  Does anyone remember the experimental 1986 Crosville livery of orange and dark green. Didn't quite work and was not really fond of the retro lynx/CROSVILLE logos either. The 1989 Drawlane style of mainly cream and green/red relief was very nice but didn't last long as Midland Red North, North Western and PMT took over the Crosville operations in England post 1990.
The orange and green Crosville livery looked very well in my opinion but it was only applied to a small number of buses before they changed to the more conservative cream and green scheme.

The later 'Lynx' style of livery also looked good and was in fact applied to quite a number of vehicles as I remember? Certainly a lot of minibuses, VRs and Olympians were treated along with some Nationals. It was branded 'Mini Lynx' for minibuses and 'Town Lynx' for most big buses except for one or two dual-purpose examples which were dubbed 'Express Lynx'.

PMT's livery was good and shows up well on the handful of buses First have recently repainted like that. Midland Red North's scheme was OK when first applied but didn't age well; their later return to old school allover red was awful. North Western's later use of yellow, green and blue was very nice. On the other hand C-Line's livery was dull in the extreme.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)