Current time: 06/05/2024, 15:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Strike
RE: Arriva Strike
(07/12/2017 09:52)T42 PVM Wrote:  Talks continue Friday, not today according to Arriva on Facebook

Does anyone know how today's talks have gone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/12/2017 19:25)Turbostar19 Wrote:  Does anyone know how today's talks have gone?

Another offer has been made. A ballot will be held this coming Monday and Tuesday
(08/12/2017 19:25)Turbostar19 Wrote:  Does anyone know how today's talks have gone?

(08/12/2017 19:41)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Another offer has been made. A ballot will be held this coming Monday and Tuesday

Will Monday's strike still be on while waiting for the ballot result?
(08/12/2017 23:51)507022 Wrote:  Will Monday's strike still be on while waiting for the ballot result?

No strike action was planned for this Monday. Tuesday's strike has been suspended
It's understood that the current offer will be voted on today by drivers and staff. The result is expected this evening. If this offer is rejected the strike will
Go ahead Wed and Thursday this week. It doesn't give much notice to the travelling public again. The result is expected after 6pm today.

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
It would have been a better show of goodwill to the passengers if thay had suspended Wednesday's strike to give thair costumers a bettrt chance to make alternitive arraingments if the offer was rejected, but it's another example of arrival and the unions contempt for thair customer's especially in arias where arriva have a major presence. Before anyone starts to kick off about this, just consider, if Asda or Tesco staff went on strike like this you would have gone to a other retailer, and probably stayed with them after the stroke was over, but lots of people in the north west haven't got the option to change bus service's, due to Arriva's near monopolistic presence in some arias. I look forward to the abuse
(12/12/2017 07:22)wimdebusse Wrote:  It would have been a better show of goodwill to the passengers if thay had suspended Wednesday's strike to give thair costumers a bettrt chance to make alternitive arraingments if the offer was rejected, but it's another example of arrival and the unions contempt for thair customer's especially in arias where arriva have a major presence. Before anyone starts to kick off about this, just consider, if Asda or Tesco staff went on strike like this you would have gone to a other retailer, and probably stayed with them after the stroke was over, but lots of people in the north west haven't got the option to change bus service's, due to Arriva's near monopolistic presence in some arias. I look forward to the abuse

Abuse? Definitely not! It would make sense now for more QBP routes to be introduced between Merseyside's big two operators. The same goes for Altrincham.
North Wales, perhaps this is the wrong thread to ask for QBP routes. Their custom would suffer more than what Merseyside have had if ABW had strikes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
But the same could be said about most of the uk , if stagecoach or first all went on strike in the area they have the majority monopoly then you have the same outcome.
Whats saying stagecoach dont do the same this april coming in there merseyside and Lancashire run operations as all them depots are up for pay talks as a collective group if ive heard correct which could hold a high number of public ransom just the same.
Im not giving abuse but would everyone turn on stagecoach and start calling them as it was only a few years ago stagecoach gillmoss went on strike and stagecoach wigan but yet not much criticism came out about them walking out but now its arriva who have done it a lot off people have jumped on the bandwagon to criticise but unfortunately a strike is there to cause disruption and how else can you cause disruption in a bus service.
It is completely erroneous to compare bus operators with supermarkets as one provides a service whilst the other provides a product even, though they are both driven by the profit motive. In my opinion, bus drivers have a very difficult and challenging job that requires them to be in constant interaction with the public.

Have you never heard supermarket staff complaining about their working conditions and rates of pay? I do. Constantly. The reason why we never hear of supermarket workers going on strike is because, in the main, the workforce is not unionised.

As for suggesting that a myriad of bus operators would mitigate the effect of strike action can I remind all members that this was part of the rationale when buses were deregulated in 1986. In the intervening years, these new start-up bus operators have morphed into the Big Four that exist now. In essence, in many parts of the UK we now have bus provision provided by a private monopoly or, as on Merseyside, a duopoly.

The resolution is simple: pay the staff what they want.
(12/12/2017 10:55)Barney Wrote:  Have you never heard supermarket staff complaining about their working conditions and rates of pay? I do. Constantly. The reason why we never hear of supermarket workers going on strike is because, in the main, the workforce is not unionised.

The GMB invites supermarket workers from the major supermarkets to join and a lot of 4/5 day a week staff members are union members. Although, supermarkets employ a large number of temporary and part time workers which quite often consists of students, semi-retired workers and those who have more than one job - who are unlikely to join a union.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)