Current time: 24/04/2024, 18:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Manchester International Airport
RE: Manchester International Airport
Forgot to mention I had a Very Good day at the AVP on Monday. I saw the Antonov AN-225, G-TUIB and G-OMYT with it's ordeal. G-OMYTs right engine had blew up on take off, but the experienced crew managed to keep it on the ground. From my point of view I think that it shouldn't be in service after the past few emergency landings and an engine replacement. Travelling with Thomas Cook to Cancun on TCX324 in August so hoping to either go on either G-MDBD or G-MLJL.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Horrible weather at Manchester today. I was on BA1394 this afternoon and the wind conditions were so bad the crew rejected the landing and performed a go-around. Not much better at LHR, my inbound from SFO took a lightning strike on approach this morning. In 20 years of regularly flying on scheduled commercial services, I've only ever previously experienced one other lightning strike and one other go-sround, so not a good day for flying today!
Some passenger stupidity on a flight inbound from the middle east apparently caused fighters to be scrambled and the airport closed for a while. One way to guarantee getting yourself arrested.
Nine flights where diverted away from Manchester International Airport , at least two where diverted to Liverpool and some of the others went to East Midlands Airport.
Yesterday Lufthansa A346 D-AIHP diverted in early evening due to an onboard Medical emergency while routing Munich to Chicago on LH434. The aircraft continued its journey to ORD three hours later.

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)