Current time: 18/04/2024, 09:21 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

National Railway Museum
National Railway Museum
Would anyone recommend the NRM in York? I'm looking to spend a day there since I got the train bug on my recent journey! I'm more interested in the diesel or electric units as opposed to the steam units.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: National Railway Museum
(18/08/2017 00:10)acocker96 Wrote:  Would anyone recommend the NRM in York? I'm looking to spend a day there since I got the train bug on my recent journey! I'm more interested in the diesel or electric units as opposed to the steam units.

Definitely. I've been there twice and I really enjoyed it
Are the public able to tour any units?
(18/08/2017 00:55)acocker96 Wrote:  Are the public able to tour any units?

You can have a look inside the cab of some exhibits but you can't actually go in them
Last time I went, you could go inside the Japanese Bullet train, presume it's still there
It was still there when i last went there , the Bullet Train is part of Railway History.

On another interesting note All The Stations Geoff and Vicki will be bequeathing to the NRM the archive of all the episodes of All The stations plus a feature length episode with footage not yet seen. As of yesterday Sun 20 August there is at least 10 episodes to be seen on Youtube.
Seen at York today 37668 tnt 47746 iook D200 (40122) and 31018 (D5500) from NRM York to NRS Shildon.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Further information on the preserved units. D200 (40122) was last out on the mainline April 2018 whilst 31018 (D5500) was last out as long ago as August 1998.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)