Current time: 29/03/2024, 07:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who are you voting for in the 2017 General Election?
This poll is closed.
Conservatives 44.44% 8 44.44%
Green Party 11.11% 2 11.11%
Labour 33.33% 6 33.33%
Liberal Democrats 5.56% 1 5.56%
Plaid Cymru 0% 0 0%
UKIP 5.56% 1 5.56%
Scottish National Party 0% 0 0%
Independent 0% 0 0%
Other 0% 0 0%
Total 18 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

General Election 8th June 2017
RE: General Election 8th June 2017
If the Lib Dems did rule out working with the tories and stuck to it i think we would see the Lib Dems grow in seat numbers, maybe even double the number of seats to what they have now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The liberal Democrats traditionally always had policy that was to the left of the Tory and right of the Labour Party , but with Jeremy now in charge of the Labour Party this is the place i see disillusioned Labour Supporters moving to.

At what point is Jeremy Corbyn's head be on the chopping block.
Find all posts by this user
(23/04/2017 15:31)wirralbus Wrote:  The liberal Democrats traditionally always had policy that was to the left of the Tory and right of the Labour Party , but with Jeremy now in charge of the Labour Party this is the place i see disillusioned Labour Supporters moving to.

At what point is Jeremy Corbyn's head be on the chopping block.

I don't understand any of this whatsoever - the Labour Party has over 500,000 members and has actually been quite successful under Jeremy Corbyn - yet nobody's actually bothered to highlight the clear facts that Labour has won four by-elections with an increased majority and also two mayoral elections under Corbyn. Despite all of that the one by-election Labour lost was highlighted instead of focusing on the successes the party has achieved. The amount of slating of Jeremy Corbyn before he's even had the chance to lead the party into a general election is absolutely out of order

What's more annoying is Mrs May is still refusing to appear on TV debates. That's like someone applying for a job but not even turning of for an interview
(23/04/2017 15:52)Y474 KNF Wrote:  I don't understand any of this whatsoever - the Labour Party has over 500,000 members and has actually been quite successful under Jeremy Corbyn - yet nobody's actually bothered to highlight the clear facts that Labour has won four by-elections with an increased majority and also two mayoral elections under Corbyn. Despite all of that the one by-election Labour lost was highlighted instead of focusing on the successes the party has achieved. The amount of slating of Jeremy Corbyn before he's even had the chance to lead the party into a general election is absolutely out of order

What's more annoying is Mrs May is still refusing to appear on TV debates. That's like someone applying for a job but not even turning of for an interview

I think the media are over-promoting polls and playing down inconvenient election results. Labour have had the successes you outline. Even last year when they won the Bristol Mayor election the media only highlighted the London gain. Even here they made out that a Labour win was a foregone conclusion as Boris was standing down. Labour lost considerably fewer Councillors than predicted. Even so, losing these Council seats and a few more in subsequent Council by-elections, and the Copeland Parliamentary by-election, do not exactly show Labour cruising to victory at the General Election.
Just hoping someone chases May round in a Chicken outfit as per what happened to David Cameron a few years ago when he was ruling out a TV debate although it does appear as though all her campaign rallies are stage managed, so very little chance of anyone getting away with that.

With just under a week of campaigning now gone, May is actually looking quite weak (stage managed campaign rallies/2 of her PR team resigning) whereas Corbyn is looking quite strong on the campaign front which to be fair is his strong point.
Well with politics , you could have 100 pages on here and youll never get people to agree .

Politics is a very emotive subject in this time of austerity.

Dont forget the 1983 General Election and Michael Foot being walked all over by Margaret Thatcher that started the slow recovery of Labour with the party eventually winning the GE of 1997 under one Tony Blair.
My predictions for the Lib Dems:

Gains:
Eastbourne (From Con)
Lewes (From Con)
Thornbury and Yate (From Con)
Twickenham (From Con)
Kingston & Surbiton (From Con)

Losses
Orkney & Shetland (To SNP)
Sheffield Hallam (To Lab)
Southport (To Con)
Leeds North West (To Lab)
Norfolk North (To Con)

Hold:
Ceredigion
Westmorland and lonsdale
Carshalton & Wallington (By a very small majority)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
If anyone wishes to vote for policies as opposed to personalities, Vote For Policies 2017 is now online:

https://voteforpolicies.org.uk/

Basically you get 5 sets of policies from 5 different parties (parties are randomly numbered 1 - 5) and at the end of the survey, it tells you who out of the policies you have voted for is nearest party to your chosen policies. It is an eye opener.
Poll out giving the Tories just a 1 point lead!

http://mailchi.mp/survation/survation-po...ne-1118437

Oh we are in for a rollercoaster ride now that no one party has got a majority in the House of Commons .

Anyone got an appetite for another General Election.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)