Current time: 26/04/2024, 18:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who are you voting for in the 2017 General Election?
This poll is closed.
Conservatives 44.44% 8 44.44%
Green Party 11.11% 2 11.11%
Labour 33.33% 6 33.33%
Liberal Democrats 5.56% 1 5.56%
Plaid Cymru 0% 0 0%
UKIP 5.56% 1 5.56%
Scottish National Party 0% 0 0%
Independent 0% 0 0%
Other 0% 0 0%
Total 18 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

General Election 8th June 2017
RE: General Election 8th June 2017
(20/04/2017 20:04)Dentonian Wrote:  Common sense has prevailed and the Gorton by-election has been cancelled. Saves all them politicos in the Media struggling to find it on a map.

Common sense indeed!

Interesting news story today on the Election Trail is that Julian Assange is considering standing as an MP. If he does chose to stand and is a candidate in the constituency where the Ecuadorian embassy - at least he can say he hasn't been outside of the area for 6 years!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(20/04/2017 21:03)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Common sense indeed!

Interesting news story today on the Election Trail is that Julian Assange is considering standing as an MP. If he does chose to stand and is a candidate in the constituency where the Ecuadorian embassy - at least he can say he hasn't been outside of the area for 6 years!

Did it mention which party or would he be an independent candidate?
Interesting debate on the Nigel Farage show this evening regarding the upcoming election, well worth a watch i think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-KKcf8iNx8

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(20/04/2017 21:11)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Did it mention which party or would he be an independent candidate?

No, just that he was considering standing.

Most wackiest story so far is that a Fish Finger is going to stand against Tim Farron. Calling himself Mr Fish Finger, he has managed to Crowd Fund the necessary amount required to stand. I've heard it all now!
Southport is indeed one to watch like a few of you have said. In 2015 Labour gained Chester and Wirral West from the Conservatives while Bolton West went the other way. Meanwhile Labour won Burnley and Manchester Withington from the LibDems. They have a slim chance of regaining the latter as it is heavily Remain but the former seems rather less promising. The Conservatives won Cheadle and Hazel Grove from the LibDems, of which Cheadle seems a more promising return to LibDem as that area of Stockport voted Remain unlike Hazel Grove.
(20/04/2017 09:42)T42 PVM Wrote:  I would do the same if i lived in Southport

Another thing i can see happening is The Green Party taking Bristol West, Just a shame it would be kicking a Labour MP out

Bristol West is one of the Green Party's main targets, even ahead of Norwich South. Indeed, Caroline Lucas's interview on the Daily Politics came from Bristol.
(22/04/2017 18:34)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Southport is indeed one to watch like a few of you have said. In 2015 Labour gained Chester and Wirral West from the Conservatives while Bolton West went the other way. Meanwhile Labour won Burnley and Manchester Withington from the LibDems. They have a slim chance of regaining the latter as it is heavily Remain but the former seems rather less promising. The Conservatives won Cheadle and Hazel Grove from the LibDems, of which Cheadle seems a more promising return to LibDem as that area of Stockport voted Remain unlike Hazel Grove.

How many of these close seats from last time round like Wirral West will actually stay with the Labour Party.

This election will be as much a test for the Conservatives to increase there majority as the Labour Party to keep seats because of the inferred lurch to the left.
(22/04/2017 18:37)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Bristol West is one of the Green Party's main targets, even ahead of Norwich South. Indeed, Caroline Lucas's interview on the Daily Politics came from Bristol.

Greens winning Bristol West would be a late Birthday gift for me

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
One interesting thing is the Railforum UK are having a poll like this, 161 people have currently voted and so far the Lib Dems are winning on it mostly due to a number of members living down South and are going to vote tactically to get the Torys out as they are in seats that the Lib Dems are just about in 2nd on, What do people think about voting in this mannor?

link to poll: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=145549

Problem is can anyone trust the Lib Dems after 2010? People may vote Lib Dem to keep the Tories out but then if there's no overall majority, there's nothing to stop them forming another coalition with the Tories. I note Tim Farron this morning ruling out any deal but they tend to flip flop so much, I doubt they can be trusted.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)