Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conservative mayor candidate makes ambitious claim
RE: Conservative mayor candidate makes ambitious claim
(06/04/2017 22:34)Sprinterdriver Wrote:  Unfortunately we will end up with the Labour bod, I say unfortunately as Labour seem to like DOO trains, well locally anyway.

Steve Rotheram is one of the more left wing, pro-Corbyn and pro-Trade Union Labour MPs. If even he allows DOO to go through then the case for DOO on Merseyrail must be extremely strong.

I notice the TUSC have put a candidate forward. I imagine they'll claim to be the anti-DOO party, not that it'll make any difference as for most voters they'll be loads of issues which they consider to be more important than whether there's a guard on a train.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/04/2017 09:12)knutstransport Wrote:  Steve Rotheram is one of the more left wing, pro-Corbyn and pro-Trade Union Labour MPs. If even he allows DOO to go through then the case for DOO on Merseyrail must be extremely strong.

I notice the TUSC have put a candidate forward. I imagine they'll claim to be the anti-DOO party, not that it'll make any difference as for most voters they'll be loads of issues which they consider to be more important than whether there's a guard on a train.

It'll be too late to oppose it, the trains have been ordered!

You're right about other issues, the Labour bod will win whatever.

SD.
Labour could put up a donkey and still win.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(08/04/2017 06:16)childwallblues Wrote:  Labour could put up a donkey and still win.
Or even a bag of manure to keep it clean.We need a different form of democracy to get away
from the main two

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(08/04/2017 08:03)Penny Return Wrote:  Or even a bag of manure to keep it clean.We need a different form of democracy to get away
from the main two

In some parts of the country its a one party state , unfortunately the Liverpool City Region is one of them areas.
(08/04/2017 10:40)wirralbus Wrote:  In some parts of the country its a one party state , unfortunately the Liverpool City Region is one of them areas.

Liverpool was a Lib Dem council between 1998 and 2005.

Wirral was under no overall control for around 10 years with Labour (the biggest party) having less than 40% of the seats and the Lib Dems and Conservatives having around 60% of the seats between them.

In 2007 Labour only had one more councillor than the Lib Dems in St Helens and had fewer councillors than the Lib Dems in Sefton.

It's only Knowsley and Halton where Labour are pretty much guaranteed to be in control but I imagine it'd require the Tory voters on the Wirral to vote tactically for the Lib Dems to not have a Labour Metro Mayor for the Liverpool city region.
I think Labour will win but i have a feeling the Greens will get more votes than last time overall

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/04/2017 10:53)knutstransport Wrote:  Liverpool was a Lib Dem council between 1998 and 2005.

Wirral was under no overall control for around 10 years with Labour (the biggest party) having less than 40% of the seats and the Lib Dems and Conservatives having around 60% of the seats between them.

In 2007 Labour only had one more councillor than the Lib Dems in St Helens and had fewer councillors than the Lib Dems in Sefton.

It's only Knowsley and Halton where Labour are pretty much guaranteed to be in control but I imagine it'd require the Tory voters on the Wirral to vote tactically for the Lib Dems to not have a Labour Metro Mayor for the Liverpool city region.

Lib Dems only had that control in Liverpool because it took the Labour party that long to shed its Militant links.

Following the National coalition a lot of Liberal Democrat politicans will not now work with the Conservatives.
Can you blame them? The coalition has destroyed their party

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think the Lib-Dem's should have kept there ground and if necessary forced the conservatives into minority rule on ceratin policies , once the national leadership backed down they was in trouble.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)