Current time: 20/04/2024, 03:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ANW and ABW double decker influx - where next?
RE: ANW and ABW double decker influx - where next?
(27/03/2017 18:39)Y727 KNF Wrote:  Might be withdrawn due to the squeaky fanbelt? Or just waiting to be fixed

Engine failure apparently. To be stripped for spares and sent to scrap.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/03/2017 00:03)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  Engine failure apparently. To be stripped for spares and sent to scrap.

That was same reason why 4168 went for scrap. I'm very surprised with the reasonably high number of DLAs which went for scrap (at least half of them) that more engines weren't removed from those to provide spares for the open top DLA, DLP and Lowlander fleets

I wouldn't be surprised if the remaining Lowlanders were withdrawn by the end of this year anyway along with the rest of the Y-reg stock in Wales
It looks like 4175 is now withdrawn as the rear end as been removed and no longer as an engine fitted.
Y-Reg lowanders to be replaced by August 2017 in Bangor depot
(28/03/2017 19:27)cx04axy Wrote:  Y-Reg lowanders to be replaced by August 2017 in Bangor depot

Seems like my hunch was correct then. It'll be interesting to see what their replacements are - perhaps some VLAs from London?
I'd guess the volvo B7s with the ALX400 bodies that transferred from southport - winsford will have a good few years life left yet. They're all on 55 plates (2005) are 10yrs old now, think the arriva withdrawal age is between 10&15 years???
15 years is the usual withdrawal age but some Buses do keep going for longer

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I was told they are looking to increase the age to 18 yrs before withdrawal.
(27/03/2017 11:03)knutstransport Wrote:  Have passenger numbers dropped? People used to complain about a single decker being too small for a morning peak and evening peak (which probably meant some people had to stand opposed to people getting left behind.) I know AstraZeneca has scaled back operations at Alderley Park so that might have reduced peak time loadings, together with the timetable revisions which make the bus less suitable for some commuters.

Loadings are noticeably down on the 130. The evening peak collapse in frequency doesn't help the situation, coupled with poor timekeeping.
(28/03/2017 19:33)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Seems like my hunch was correct then. It'll be interesting to see what their replacements are - perhaps some VLAs from London?

Probably half the batch of the current Sapphires in Wrexham, remember the intended move was 3 remain in Wrexham, then split between Rhyl and Bangor! Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)