Current time: 05/05/2024, 05:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Chester Bus Exchange
RE: New Chester Bus Exchange
NatEx have only 1 stand though they need 2 as both morning and evening it happens where buses are timed close together. Also, more buses will run from the new exchange like the 3, 4, X4 and maybe more from Foregate Street meaning more routes. Chester isnt massive for NatEx. Most buses pick up less than 10 passengers i notice here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/05/2017 12:23)iMarkeh Wrote:  NatEx have only 1 stand though they need 2 as both morning and evening it happens where buses are timed close together. Also, more buses will run from the new exchange like the 3, 4, X4 and maybe more from Foregate Street meaning more routes. Chester isnt massive for NatEx. Most buses pick up less than 10 passengers i notice here.

Thank you. This is what I meant by potential additional services serving the new bus station. I wonder whether some such as route 1 to Wrexham and route X1 to Ruthin will serve it or avoid any bus station?

I can also understand why Chester no longer needs its own coach station, if indeed it was ever really necessary.
(14/05/2017 18:55)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Thank you. This is what I meant by potential additional services serving the new bus station. I wonder whether some such as route 1 to Wrexham and route X1 to Ruthin will serve it or avoid any bus station?

I can also understand why Chester no longer needs its own coach station, if indeed it was ever really necessary.

I wonder if the 22 avoids the new bus station where the new starting point will be
(14/05/2017 12:23)iMarkeh Wrote:  NatEx have only 1 stand though they need 2 as both morning and evening it happens where buses are timed close together. Also, more buses will run from the new exchange like the 3, 4, X4 and maybe more from Foregate Street meaning more routes. Chester isnt massive for NatEx. Most buses pick up less than 10 passengers i notice here.

The 3,4,X4 will still be starting/terminating at the Railway Station as they always have same as the 1 from Wrexham all them service's are being re-routed to serve the Bus Station inbound and outbound as that is what i have been informed anyway the Railway Station is key for those Service's.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
3 will be from bus exchange if it still plans on interworking with the 15.
X1 I dont think will as Denbeighshire Council won't add funding to the route for it to go into the new exchange. The spare time in Chester is used for driver breaks so every minute counts to ensure they can drive for longer later on. As for Wrexham No 1. I was told by a friend that they are not meant to stop there but we will see in the near future.
(14/05/2017 22:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  X1 I dont think will as Denbeighshire Council won't add funding to the route for it to go into the new exchange. The spare time in Chester is used for driver breaks so every minute counts to ensure they can drive for longer later on. As for Wrexham No 1. I was told by a friend that they are not meant to stop there but we will see in the near future.

X1 to Mold & Ruthin will operate from Stand C which is one of the staggered 'passing' stops situated outside the horseshoe on Gorse Stacks.
(15/05/2017 12:22)CTL45 Wrote:  X1 to Mold & Ruthin will operate from Stand C which is one of the staggered 'passing' stops situated outside the horseshoe on Gorse Stacks.
Is there a list yet of what routes will stop where?
(15/05/2017 19:02)E208 WBG Wrote:  Is there a list yet of what routes will stop where?

There is but its near to the south pod behind railings, so difficult to see,
from what was posted on Chester Memory lane and what I can read of the picture ( Picture very pixilated its as follows

Stand A
16 Handbridge
53 Kingsway
8 Vicars Cross/Pipers Ash
9 Pipers Ash
21 Frodsham

Stand B
82 Northwich
DB1 Dodleston/Mold
DB2 Saltney Ferry
and others

Stand C
5 Huntington
7 Vicars Cross
and others

Stand D and E
PR1 AND PR2 Park and Rides

Stands F
Cannot work out the wording

Stand G
1 Blacon
1A Blacon

Stand H
15 Saughall
15A Saughall
22 Moreton via parkgate etc
DB4 Deeside Industrail
100 City Sightseeing
200 City Hopper Service to Princess Street

Stand J
51 Plas Newton
Setting Down for 1,1A 15, 15A,ss DB4

Stand K
1 Liverpool
2 Liverpool

Stand L
X2 Runcorn Halton Lea
X8 Liverpool
26 Ellesmere Port

Stand M
Setting Down for 1,2, X2 and X8

Stand N
National Express

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater

Credit to Chris Jeffery

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(15/05/2017 22:25)chester285 Wrote:  There is but its near to the south pod behind railings, so difficult to see,
from what was posted on Chester Memory lane and what I can read of the picture ( Picture very pixilated its as follows

Stand A
16 Handbridge
53 Kingsway
8 Vicars Cross/Pipers Ash
9 Pipers Ash
21 Frodsham

Stand B
82 Northwich
DB1 Dodleston/Mold
DB2 Saltney Ferry
and others

Stand C
5 Huntington
7 Vicars Cross
and others

Stand D and E
PR1 AND PR2 Park and Rides

Stands F
Cannot work out the wording

Stand G
1 Blacon
1A Blacon

Stand H
15 Saughall
15A Saughall
22 Moreton via parkgate etc
DB4 Deeside Industrail
100 City Sightseeing
200 City Hopper Service to Princess Street

Stand J
51 Plas Newton
Setting Down for 1,1A 15, 15A,ss DB4

Stand K
1 Liverpool
2 Liverpool

Stand L
X2 Runcorn Halton Lea
X8 Liverpool
26 Ellesmere Port

Stand M
Setting Down for 1,2, X2 and X8

Stand N
National Express

Credit to Chris Jeffery

When you say Setting down do you mean lay-over bay or drop off bay? As cant see anywhere for the likes of the 1 from Liverpool to get its 7 min drop backs etc

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)